Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2017 6:46:34 PM EDT
Just put my envelope in the mail.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but I'm sure I'll see the majority of them on Gunbroker over the coming weeks.

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I was probably too slow.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I never had any luck going through the mail. When I was on vacation in North Carolina visiting my sister while her husband was deployed in Iraq I came back to Texas by way of Anniston. There was not much on the racks but they had a bunch of receivers. There was a stripped Winchester receiver with decent finish and a Toole rebuild mark on it that I picked up, along with a few cases of HXP on enblocs. Over the next few months I rounded up everything I needed to finish it along with a receiver wrench, and a barrel vice from the CMP. It turned out quite well.

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent one in. I'm trying to get one of every manufacturer. Had I known about the CMP and been old enough I would have put an order in 5-10 years ago when they were cheaper. I have Springfield taken care of and am keeping an eye out for the rest.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck to those trying. Need to update my paperwork, I'm actually waiting to see if rack grades come up. I have a service grade Springfield that I'm happy with, and want a rough looking one to go with it for the "been there" look.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I've fallen out of the loop.  What's the story and price tag on these guns?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've fallen out of the loop.  What's the story and price tag on these guns?
View Quote
$930 for a service grade winchester. May sell out in days, weeks, ?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$930 for a service grade winchester. May sell out in days, weeks, ?
View Quote
As sought-after as Winchesters are, there are orders in the pipeline(either in the mail or unopened at CMP) for every rifle and then some.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, so I didn't miss anything.  Good to know.  Maybe if/when the Filipino guns show up next year like rumored I'll order another.  Still debating getting a second.  My 6 digit Springfield I got last year has what looks like the original park and a 46 dated barrel, my guess is it saw some action and got a new barrel because of it.  It's just in a new stock.  So I'm hoping to eventually get one with an original stock, put it on the Springfield, and send the other gun with the new stock out to be accurized and/or get a new barrel.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I got mine today. Original finish on everything and in a cmp stock. About what I was expecting
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#11]
At $930, you are better off just picking one up on secondary market. At least you know exactly what you are getting at marginal cost.

My last Garand I picked up 1.5 or so years ago cost me $850. It was an old CMP gun, June 1945 built, original metal finish, tight original barrel and mostly correct. Got it on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#12]
No dbu yet. Trying not to get my hopes up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
At $930, you are better off just picking one up on secondary market. At least you know exactly what you are getting at marginal cost.

My last Garand I picked up 1.5 or so years ago cost me $850. It was an old CMP gun, June 1945 built, original metal finish, tight original barrel and mostly correct. Got it on Gunbroker.
View Quote
Garands can be had on the secondary market for $950ish, sure-but the Winchester receiver brings that up sharply. They start at $1200 in my area.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Received mine yesterday. A LEAD rebuild.

As I stated on cmp forum, my only regret now is having moved my IHC LEAD to greener pastures last year when I needed some quick cash flow.  Now my manufacturer set is complete, but my LEAD set is absent of 1. Damn.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As I stated on cmp forum, my only regret now is having moved my IHC LEAD to greener pastures last year when I needed some quick cash flow.  Now my manufacturer set is complete, but my LEAD set is absent of 1. Damn.
View Quote
Nice! I'd be pretty happy with that.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's a nice one! I always gag a little when I see finish worn Garand in new CMP wood
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is mine (with the dog)

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/rN00aGw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dMZ3O2X.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b1GOJou.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yn5soZx.jpg

View Quote
Beautiful rifle-enough finish to look good, enough wear to have character. best of both worlds! The fact it's a LEAD is just a bonus.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Dog looks as if it's doing its best M1 Garand impression.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Still nothing.

Maybe I messed up the forms.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty sure I screwed up. Didn't send a new notary form and old one expired. Crap, hate to bother CMP to call and ask. Wonder if i should mail another form.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's a nice one! I always gag a little when I see finish worn Garand in new CMP wood
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are referring to the gray receiver, that is characteristic of LEAD rebuilds.  I agree the finish on the front end does appear a bit worn.  Not bad for a 70 YO rifle, I like it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Nice looking dag.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you are referring to the gray receiver, that is characteristic of LEAD rebuilds.  I agree the finish on the front end does appear a bit worn.  Not bad for a 70 YO rifle, I like it.
View Quote
No, i was saying it looks awful when the barreled action that shows use and wear is placed in brand new wood furniture. The disparity between the two condition is an eye sore.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Dad's came in the other day. He got something in the 114000 range. His has the original blackish finish on the receiver, a mid 40's SA barrel, and gi wood. Only cartouches I saw were ria and circle P. We're both happy with ours. We both need an HRA and IHC still.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Picked one out at the store while at the national matches, found one with a really nice condition WRA bbl TE3 MW1 with shiny bore & clean muzzle crown. GI wood but clean, only WRA parts were recvr, bbl and Trigger housing.

This rifle was well worth 930. Of the two days I went to store most WRA SG had cmp wood
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Mailed in a 2nd form last week. Order open in the estore. Looks like it will ship soon.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#28]
It came.

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Glad you were able to get one! Park on the barrel looks new-did you get one of the 1950s(IIRC most were summer '52) NOS barrels? My service grade Springfield 2 years ago came with a new or nearly new GI barrel. Great shooter for an old battle rifle, and all I've done with it is adjust sights and oil the stock(no sanding).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top