Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:29:45 PM EDT
I was visiting family in Cleveland and my brother and I stopped out at the Cabelas in Avon and I happened to see this Mauser C96.  Unfortunately it didn't have a stock.  I searched high and low for a while and ended up buying a reproduction stock, only to find out that they're not made to the correct angle which makes it hard to use the sights.  Finally found one that was made in the same time period as my pistol. I decided to keep the leather holster from the reproduction holster to use with the stock.  It helps to protect it

Rifling looks good.  Shoots fairly accurate, haven't tried it with the Mauser stock yet.

I believe it's an M-30.  The serial # puts it between 1932-1934

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
That is just plain cool!

I never find good shit at Cabelas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't mind being asked...

How Much?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don't mind being asked...
How Much?
View Quote
More than I really wanted to pay, but I can't find broomhandles out this way (CO), $2100 (not that I was looking hard for one).  I've looked at Cabelas here and believe it or not they actually have hi-point pistols displayed in their library.  I was out visiting my brother and he mentioned that a new Cabelas opened in Avon and we were 5 mins away so I thought, what the hell.  Let's see what they got.  They had a 1937 Luger and this broomhandle.  I paid for them to transfer it to CO and purchased it here.  The stock was an extra $1300.  Expensive, but in really good shape.  I am going to see if I can find another attaching iron for it.  The pistol really wobbles on this one.  From the looks of the pistol I don't think it saw much use with a stock as the groove the attaching iron goes into still has much of it's finish.  Interesting thing is that the stock doesn't have a serial # on it.  Typically the pistols and stocks have matching serial #s.  Technically I might be able to call this a matching set.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice Broomie!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations! Great gun, I have a 1930 Commercial I was shooting last week. Very accurate, absolutely a joy to shoot. I do need some stripper clips though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top