Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 11:15:27 PM EDT
Has anyone seen the latest batch of K98s from Classic?  Are these really all-matching mausers? They look to be too pristine, almost like they are refurbished and re-serialized.  Also, I can't help but think Ben's wording is very thought out...he never admits to them being all-matching original Mausers, but he kind of leads you in that direction...

Anyone have any thoughts on these?

video
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Shows out of stock, and dont see a description?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
They are from the First Samco auction Via Century . I would take them with a grain of salt based on my experiences with Century in the past
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are either screaming nice K98s...or like they say, if it sounds too good to be true...Ol' Ben is using pretty open interpretation verbiage to save their ass on any backlash if things aren't quite as they appear...

I dunno...with Classic it's kind of like being with a hooker...They get you hot and horny and once you've paid and it's over you get an uneasy feeling...

All I know is these K's are REALLY clean.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Did he say how much they're going to sell for?

I just keep hearing mixed reviews about Classic Firearms....
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I would stay away unless you could get really good photos...the guy is a carnival huckster first of all...I like how he keeps saying things like "it could be a repro stock, we don't know"

There is something funky about them too...recoil lugs are finished, they were left in the white when manufactured, and the bolt lugs and butt plates seem to be polished...

Stock serial number on keel of butt seem to distinct and deep, as do the WaA and acceptance stamps on the side...the finish looks awfully shiny on things like the bands and floorplates...

Slings are 100% repros....

I think they are garbage, and this guy is typically way overpriced, but at $999 for matching guns? Those guns, if righteous, would easily sell for $1500 and up to well over $2k or more on GB...he ain't going to leave money on the table...

If it looks to good to be true it probably is...

ETA I only watched the first two rifles on the video, I guess some real doozies come up later...the guys on the 98k forum already tore them up, I didn't see that thread, I'll link to it a little later...all humped, as I thought...I wouldn't buy shit from this carnival barker...
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just keep hearing mixed reviews about Classic Firearms....
View Quote
Yeah I've not bought from them since they changed hands....the first time.  Everything they've got seems overpriced and over hyped.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm certain these have been reworked. Finish doesn't seem right and no way are those original stocks
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is the link to the discussion on the 98k forums, giant floating turds...

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?26547-New-Classic-Private-Collection-K98ks

Apparently they sold out in 10 minutes....junk, pure junk, not even worth it in parts, since they have been renumbered...
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here is the link to the discussion on the 98k forums, giant floating turds...

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?26547-New-Classic-Private-Collection-K98ks

Apparently they sold out in 10 minutes....junk, pure junk, not even worth it in parts, since they have been renumbered...
View Quote
Those guys were having a good chuckle while the boys on gunboards kept their mouths shut rather than throw Classic under the rug. Classic keeps the lights on over there after all, and even I've had a "warning" about speaking out against them.  

For as long as they've been in the industry of Milsurp firearms, you think they'd be experts on the topic...or at least close...but Ben always sings the shuckster tune. They knew damn well these were refurbished. Thus, the price wasn't full blown Classic...If they were legit they would've had them marked 3, 4, 5x what they were asking...
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Those guys were having a good chuckle while the boys on gunboards kept their mouths shut rather than throw Classic under the rug. They keep the lights on, and even I've had a "warning"there about speaking out against them.  

For as long as they've been in the industry of Milsurp firearms, you think they'd be experts...or at least close...but Ben always sings the shuckster tune. They knew damn well these were refurbished. Thus, the price wasn't full blown Classic...If they were legit they would've had them marked 3, 4, 5x what they were asking...
View Quote
Yep, that was a huge tip-off....

I don't peruse Gunboards much anymore, its changed since they got sold, and there is a lot of protectionism of board sponsors, its been pointed out by a bunch of old regulars for sure....

Too bad, lots of knowledge over there, but for 98k's the 98k forums are the current brain-trust for sure....
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess classic arms is new Mitchell's Mausers now
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guess classic arms is new Mitchell's Mausers now
View Quote
Naw, they don't actually manufacture the humped guns, they just (knowingly, I am sure) sell them using a bunch of vague descriptors to keep themselves out of trouble...

MM, now, they are the original bullshitting manufacturers of completely humped guns, and straight up lie about it....also always loved their $20 worth of soviet junk advertised as $400 worth of rare WWII cleaning gear that came with each humped POS they sold....
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Simply amazed........
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Good god that's daggum funny!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]
How do these guys stay in business?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
1. People are dumb enough to buy into the carnival barking, and buy the guns...apparently when these went live for sale, they didn't last 10 minutes...

2. People don't do research...the thread on how bad these were was up on the 98k forums almost as soon as the video posted...
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
1. People are dumb enough to buy into the carnival barking, and buy the guns...apparently when these went live for sale, they didn't last 10 minutes...

2. People don't do research...the thread on how bad these were was up on the 98k forums almost as soon as the video posted...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I see "pristine" looking 98's going for not even twice what I paid for my beater RC, with all the white numbers.. you know it can't be for real.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like every other Classic deal that has been posted in the last year
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sounds like every other Classic deal that has been posted in the last year
View Quote
+1. I saw Ben at SHOT and just chuckled to myself as I walked by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top