Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 2:11:48 AM EDT
I have a lot of STEN parts and magazines with various codes on them and am curious to find out what they all mean. I am not having any luck finding a good resource online to research these. If someone could help it would be appreciated.

Also if anyone knows about any books on the STEN gun that would be great too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Broad Arrow by Ian Skennerton, covers manufacturing marks of British small arms, including proofs, unit markings, manufacturer codes, etc...best all in one spot book you can get for that...

And Collector Grade Publications has a book called The STEN Machine Carbine...the best book you'll find on the STEN....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Ian's book is what you want.

Bear in mind that WWII British markings were far smaller and far more cryptic than previous ones. In general, they are just letter/digit codes that indicate the manufacturer of a specific part.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
would Ian's book cover ishapore made arms?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe so, I know it has Indian unit markings...I can double check when I get home...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe so, I know it has Indian unit markings...I can double check when I get home...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That would be great thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, so checked my copy of The Broad Arrow...yes, it covers India, Ishapore, and all the various Indian marks...

Sub title is British and Empire Factory Production, Proof, Inspection, Armorers, Unit & Issue Markings...

It is very comprehensive, Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India...even Pakistan...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top