Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:28:58 PM EDT
I was going over my CC statement today and noticed a charge listed that I didn't recognize.  The amount didn't correlate to any purchase I made either.  However, I remembered renewing my C&R FFL a couple weeks ago and using my CC to do it.  But if I remember correctly that charge was only $30.

I called my bank to ask if they had any more info on the charge other than what I could see - and they didn't.  Is this charge from the ATF?  Did they just fat-finger the amount they charged me, or am I missing something?

Original Description:   FIREARMS&EXPLOSIVES SERV xxx-xxx-4590 DC
Merchant Phone Number:    Not Available
Merchant Description:    Government Services
Amount:    ($130.00)
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was going over my CC statement today and noticed a charge listed that I didn't recognize.  The amount didn't correlate to any purchase I made either.  However, I remembered renewing my C&R FFL a couple weeks ago and using my CC to do it.  But if I remember correctly that charge was only $30.

I called my bank to ask if they had any more info on the charge other than what I could see - and they didn't.  Is this charge from the ATF?  Did they just fat-finger the amount they charged me, or am I missing something?

Original Description:   FIREARMS&EXPLOSIVES SERV xxx-xxx-4590 DC
Merchant Phone Number:    Not Available
Merchant Description:    Government Services
Amount:    ($130.00)
View Quote

i think its 30...or 35....someones got fat fingers
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i think its 30...or 35....someones got fat fingers
View Quote
It's still $30, I sent my check off last month, so yeah, somebody fat fingered there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  Thought so.  Should I call the ATF and explain the issue, or dispute the charge?  I don't like either choice, but...  I'm not paying $100 extra for a C&R. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top