Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 8:52:43 AM EDT
Does anyone have any advice for me on tracking down a Type 99?

I've had little luck at gun shows lately and even less in the EE, is there a place in which I may have better luck? I will admit to being a bit picky, but I'm having trouble even finding examples of any condition.

I'd appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If you cannot find one locally or in the EEs, then check out the online auction sites.  GB has quite a few listed and a few would be fairly collectable with intact mums, no import marks, matching serial numbers, and functional hardware.  

I lucked out and recently picked up a beautiful intact and correct example from my local gun shop that was part of a local collection being broken up .  Perhaps you can find one at a local estate sale.  Worth a try...

Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have got mine on gunbroker . Happy with it
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You might have to get creative. I found a decent example on the EE except the front sight has a bubba repair. I can't seem to find a replacement front sight so I am considering buying another less than perfect example for the part I need and swapping
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a trip up to a PA gun show. They're all over the place.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a trip up to a PA gun show. They're all over the place.
View Quote

That's a very long way for a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you want a short rifle or a long rifle? How important is a mum to you? Do you want all factory gadgets like the dust cover, AA sights, and monopod? Do you care about matching numbers?

I reckon I can find you a pretty good one if you let me know what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you want a short rifle or a long rifle? How important is a mum to you? Do you want all factory gadgets like the dust cover, AA sights, and monopod? Do you care about matching numbers?

I reckon I can find you a pretty good one if you let me know what you are looking for.
View Quote

I'm not terribly picky about the length as long as it's a wartime rifle, also I would strongly prefer the mum to be intact and AA sights would make me very happy. Matching numbers would also be nice as would the dust cover if possible, but it isn't necessary. The monopod isn't really a concern for me, if it has it that's great, if not it's no big deal. I suppose that's the order of thing I care about.

Overall condition is the biggest thing for me, I dont really want a beater. I also don't want to spend $700 either.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
My friends is at my house. It's complete with dust cover, mum, monopoly, matching and it's for sale.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Whatcha willing to pay for one with the mum and dustcover?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My friends is at my house. It's complete with dust cover, mum, monopoly, matching and it's for sale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Whatcha willing to pay for one with the mum and dustcover?

I sent you both an IM.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
For me, I lucked out when I posted a WTB on armlist. Had a guy on the other side of NC message me and we meet 2 weeks later. Allowed me to get a nice all matching Type 99 with AA sights and monopod, just mum had been ground off for $250

Currently looking for another or more Japanese items currently, hopefully Armslist comes through for me again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top