Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 7:34:06 PM EDT
Would be my first C&R and this one drew my interest. The one I'm looking at is a 1955 mfr date and appears mint. What's a fair price for one of these in nice shape?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are talking one of the "mummy wrap" rifles that is in like mint condition....$550 to $650 would be fair....I know a guy trying to sell one for $700, no one has bit....

But it has to be near perfect...if not, $400 to $500 depending on condition, at least in my experience....

That being full retail....
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought two last year from the EE. One was mint, the other was a solid 95%+. I think I paid $600 each. I looked up comps on gun broker at the time and I remember thinking I got a fair deal on them both.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Placed in a historical context, the No. 4 Mk. 2 was a gun whose time had passed. Yes, it's worth getting if you are an Enfield completeist.

Personally, I like the WW2 guns. To me, the Mk. 2's - regardless of condition -- are overpriced.

Even among the WW2 guns, the North American ones (Savage and Long Branch) are far better in fit and finish than their British-made cousins. I have two Savages and a Long Branch and I think I'll stop there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
As soon as I have the cash, I'm gonna start hunting for Enfields again. I got sidetracked last time and ended up with a S&W Model 39.

But an Enfield No. 4 Mk II is my ideal Enfield.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought one about 20 years ago; paid about $100.

She's Beautiful, & the Birch furniture has pleasingly darkened over time. Nice matching Bayonet & Metal scabbard. It is a 1955.

Don't remember ever shooting it; but, I'm sure I at least fired a few rounds to check for function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top