Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2016 3:31:50 PM EDT
Check out this crazy Enfield-Mauser.

(Recently sold at Empire Arms)

TURKISH Model "Enfauser" hybrid Enfield/Mauser bolt-action infantry rifle # 2052 (8x57) originally made as a SMLE No.1 Mk.III at Enfield in 1914 and converted by Ankara arsenal in 1936. Very Good condition, with at least 60% thinning bluing remaining on all external metal (wear on magazine floorplate, triggerguard and barrel-bands from carry). Bolt handle numbered 1234, bore is mirror-bright and strong, includes cleaning-rod. Stock is beech with some nicks, gouges and other handling marks but has no cracks or issues. Very rare, some of the Enfields captured by the Turks at the disastrous battle of Gallipoli were converted to 8mm by marrying Mauser forends to Enfield actions. This was one of 24 imported (by mistake) by Century Arms in the early 1990's.. Includes correct bayonet and scabbard (not shown in photo).

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw it too late. That will teach me to let emails from Empire Arms sit. Of course, I have no money right now, but I digress...
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
How much did it go for?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
$975 I believe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
that is awesome!! i would have paid that just to have it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I must be getting old.  I remember the day that those came open at Century, and sold out.  At circa $150 each.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#6]
See - that's why I love this sub forum!

Would never have known about that crazy Turkish hybrid if not for OPs post.

Thanks OP and keep it coming!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top