Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2016 4:36:52 PM EDT
Be careful, seller ACA123 is now a repeat offender of selling fake Dragoons on Gunbroker. He's apparently gone one lever further and is faking them to look like Finnish Mosin.

They are messes with refurbs on which he swapped the rear sight bases to make them look like real Dragoons.

Just FYI
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What claims/evidence do you have?

I tried doing some research on this "repeat offender" user ACA123, but found nothing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What claims/evidence do you have?

I tried doing some research on this "repeat offender" user ACA123, but found nothing.
View Quote

Import marks are wrong, rear sight base finish is wrong, force matching in regurb fonts is wrong, stocks used (ex-sniper stock BTW) wrong, dark staining to hide refurb wood repairs, mag swivel on stamp construction mag housing...wrong, partial refubs mark on barrel shank...wrong.

He's sold fake dragoon before or tried to.  Likely past 90 days now
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeing one last year, it was obviously a refurb that had the rear sight replaced with a m91 sight.

As these rifles gain in value there will be more and more fakes. Snipers have been faked for years and then faked [SA] marked rifles started showing up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I see from his feedback that you bought from him back in 2014 and left negative feedback over communication issues. Is that what this is about?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see from his feedback that you bought from him back in 2014 and left negative feedback over communication issues. Is that what this is about?
View Quote

Hah you are right I bought from this guy. Had no clue it was somebody I bought from until you mentioned it.  It was a mosin part I bought from him but can't quite remember what.

And no his stuff in faked.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Well somebody finally got burned by buying these humped guns and its topic of discussion on gunboards.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw that the buyer had a NR rating so looks to be a novice. His gunbroker name also shows up on gunboards so he may be a member there.

Shame because the huge billboard import stamp was a obvious problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top