Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2016 7:37:47 PM EDT
http://www.stamplerauctions.com/auction/280410/samco-global-arms-firearms/
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They have a lot of cool stuff left. Hopefully Century, Numrich or Sarco will jump on it about the only ones with the juice to buy the Lot..

They always seem to have good prices but were kinda behind the times on technology. Slow to ship esp if you ordered during Hurricane season....
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
as I posted in GD, this makes me sad. I got some nice rifles from them, import marks were always subtle
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Group buy?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i'd like to be allowed in there to do my own hand-pick purchases!

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else see the whole pallet of m1 carbines??? It is in one of the pictures
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I just noticed a few days ago their website was down....  

Hking
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, that stinks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#9]
samco, wideners.....  there's conspiracy here
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
What's up with wideners?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

No conspiracy.

The Surplus Market is dying, the supply of military surplus arms that are legal to import are gone. If your business is selling surplus guns your a Dodo. Tack on new international Gun bans and arms sales treaty  restrictions + plus a hostile DOJ and anti gun administration putting up import roadblocks....

Even Century Arms has struggled drastically cutting back and shifting to new production and commercial ammo imports.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Sad to see them go even though I never bought much from them
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]

OMG
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I was working at a LGS/ wholesler and the owner came to me saying Samco had offered him a price on all the Yugo x39 they had. He passed on it because he didnt like corrosive and didnt think it would sell.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#15]
This answers people's question of is surplus dead
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

i'm not sure it means what you are suggesting. Given they were sitting on some of their inventory for decades, I think it just means that they were poorly run.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

i'm not sure it means what you are suggesting. Given they were sitting on some of their inventory for decades, I think it just means that they were poorly run.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, and the low price of guns in general right now isn't helping any gun dealer. It's a bonanza for the consumer though.

I suspect samcoglobal's inventory will show up at Sarco and others.  I bought a .308 Spanish Mauser from Samco for $169. A bit rough but shoots great for a 100 year old $170 rifle.  I wish I had bought 3 of them before they went under.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]
There is a lady on our state page ( not the hometown forum but a Washington Gun forum) who has put in a bid and apparently has high bid-pending Stamper auction rules. She has stated on the forum that IF she does win, the guns, ammo and parts would not be for sale for at least a couple years. She is mainly interested in all the paperwork, import records, and any other literature.
Other bidders now have 20 days to revise their bids to surpass hers. If someone is higher, there may be another 20 day period. I am not exactly clear on the auction rules.

Really not sure I want to link to her thread there. Use your google fu to find more.

Oh yeah, she is a self professed Democrat also
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I pray someone outbids her. The chances of bayonet lugs being ground off and M1 carbines being sent to the crusher for the children are way to high.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I highly doubt that from this lady. She is an enthusiast.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Why would she just want the paperwork? What part of WA is she in?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#22]
She collects rare books and is into the historical aspect of it all. That is about all I know. I will update as more info from her shows up on our local board.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
She collects rare books and is into the historical aspect of it all. That is about all I know. I will update as more info from her shows up on our local board.
View Quote

Hope she loses. Seems a little high on the BS meter regardless.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted from her thread

" I didn't want to see the inventory--specifically the pre-1950 and rare and unusual inventory--separated from pertinent documents. Old paper."

"No, definitely not in the know at all. I am just lucky enough to have a very smart, very financially savvy sister-in-law and a financial adviser that I trust."

"Me? Just a nurse and mother lucky enough to have made some good financial choices a very long time ago, and lucky enough to have the ability to generate a second source of income wildly unrelated to being either. That's all."

Hopefully if she does win, she moves it all from Florida to Washington! I don't think she will just destroy the weapons, but if she wins she will probably have more guns than most of the Democratic party!

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted from her thread

" I didn't want to see the inventory--specifically the pre-1950 and rare and unusual inventory--separated from pertinent documents. Old paper."

"No, definitely not in the know at all. I am just lucky enough to have a very smart, very financially savvy sister-in-law and a financial adviser that I trust."

"Me? Just a nurse and mother lucky enough to have made some good financial choices a very long time ago, and lucky enough to have the ability to generate a second source of income wildly unrelated to being either. That's all."

Hopefully if she does win, she moves it all from Florida to Washington! I don't think she will just destroy the weapons, but if she wins she will probably have more guns than most of the Democratic party!

View Quote

Sounds like glock girl.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#26]
They were an odd company.  I use to go and handpick from their location in Miami.  Their customer service was on par with no customer service.

This being said they had a lot of odd things and if you searched hard you could find a gem or two.  Sorry to see them go.

It's inevitable that the C&R wholesale market dries up unless we get an easing in importation rules.  Prices will rise on everything C&R as supply dries up.

/jm2c
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Wonder what the current "high bid" is.....my dad is looking to have something to do in his retirement in a few years....
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on that Washington board as well.  Something seemed very weird about the whole deal, not surprised it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted from her thread

View Quote

OST

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#30]
So this got postponed?

LIVE OFF-SITE AUCTION
Begins: 03/23/16 at 2:00 PM EDT
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top