Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2016 4:18:52 PM EDT
I found this Finn marked 1941 Izhevsk 91/30 today at a local pawn shop. Older (St Albans) CAI import.

Other than being SA marked and the cleaning rod being from a maybe a M91 it shows no evidence of refurbishment like shimming the stock or reworking the trigger.

I suspect it was captured in the Continuation War, marked, and either reissued or stored.

All serials match (and they are Soviet struck serials) and all parts are Izhevsk marked sans the cleaning rod. Low-wall receiver.

All stock markings are pretty crisp and the shellac is still in pretty good shape.

I guess this one was made just before the change-over in the style of sling slots. I would rate the metal work as being very good.

One odd thing is that the tang is not dated.

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Very very nice !

One of the best Finn Captures I've seen and I've seen alot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very very nice !

One of the best Finn Captures I've seen and I've seen alot.
View Quote

LOL....The guy at the pawn shop called me because he had got in a GEW-98 he wanted me to look at, he did not even mention the 91/30. The GEW had been lightly Turked but was matching other than the bolt and floor-plate.

Of course as soon as I saw the 91/30 there was no choice to be made at all.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top