Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 6:52:34 PM EDT
Thought i would share this.. This eddystone has an barrel, dated 5-1918. Eddystone parts throughout including stock. Bore is VG+, with some darkness in the grooves, mirror lands. I need to replace the poor aftermarket / repo sling. Ill let the pics tell the rest.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  My unmolested Model 1917 is one of my most accurate rifles and I still use it for hunting deer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!  My unmolested Model 1917 is one of my most accurate rifles and I still use it for hunting deer.
View Quote

They are Great guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
that m1917 is the one hole in my collection.   I had a Eddystone in my hands that needed some TLC and a the parade white paint taken off the stock.  I passed on it due to the JA barrel.  I was thinking about the reports of cracked receivers on the Eddystones and the replacement barrels.  Figured I'd just avoid the combo.  

They have a longer length of pull than the Springfield rifle and they weigh more.  Their other downfall is they don't have a windage adjustment but otherwise their sights are quite good.

The LOP issue is why I like the Springfield better.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice OP!
Would love to own a 1917 someday
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Prices on 1917s seem to have gone up in the last few years, I'm kicking myself for not getting a non-bubba'ed one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish mine was an Eddystone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top