Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 6:40:07 PM EDT
So 10 years ago I picked this Mosin up with another M91 and left it sit in my Dads safe while I went through a divorce. I never went back and looked at it and never knew much about it other than it was not the typical 91/30 Flash forward to today and I pulled it out and snapped a few pics.

You will see it Is 49" in overall length and has the KA3 or KAZ mark on the sights. There are no import marks on this with a the FINN SA and the 41 , any thoughts would be great. Sorry potato pics

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they call that a Cossack rifle because of the KA3
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured cossac with the KA3 stamp. With it being SA marked what do you gys think about value? I tried posting at Gunboards but they seem to delay your subscription and posting ability
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a Dragoon rifle, not a Cossack.  (Though they're practically identical.)  The Cossack rifles were marked Ka3 on both the barrel shank and rear sight.  Your rear sight is a replacement off of a Cossack rifle, but the rifle itself is a Dragoon.  Besides, 1928 is too late for a Cossack rifle, which were only produced through 1922.  

Your Dragoon is also a Finn capture, as evidenced by the "SA" property mark on the barrel shank, the "D" on the barrel shank, and the renumbered rear sight base.

Had it been a Cossack, it would have had "Ka3" stamped on the barrel shank too, like this:
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I will post some better pics tomorrow when the lighting is better.

I was a member of gunboards for years, but honestly I don't hink I have been there for at least 10 years!

thanks guys

will post more pics later
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Because it is a Finn, the rear sight was likely replace and that happened to come off a cossack.

A true cossack will have the barrel shank Ka3 stamp.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe $300. Stock looks messed with. Metal trims around the sling slots are bubba. Stock itself is either Russian refurb replacement or somebody slapped some type of clear coat on it.  It's not a Cossack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top