Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2015 8:17:16 PM EDT
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=511031532

This is the strangest transitional 1933 M91/30 I have ever seen.  Prototype maybe?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The precise bolt action mechanism along with the 28" barrel makes this an ideal weapon for any hunter!!! These rifles were prominently used during WWI by Soviet soldiers and are renowned for their durability and accuracy!!! Made in the Soviet Union by Mosin Nagant, one of the most trusted names in superior rifles across the globe!!!

Inaccurate description aside, it's a Finn M39 with a starting bid of $149...smoking deal actually.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Wish I had seen that, it is actually a M27.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't even have the common decency to relist it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Someone must of told him what it was..lol

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
That is why I surf gunbroker. If this had had a BIN someone would have had a nice m27 for under half the going price.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it's sold
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]
If you bought it, for that price, you stole it.

And we wanna see pics when you get it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a Tikka produced Finnish M27.

Very similar in external appearance to the Finnish M28. The only way I know of to tell the difference is that the M28 was a Civil Guard rifle and will have the Civil Guard "SY" stamp on the barrel shank.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM27.htm
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The 27 has the "popsicle" on the front of the stock by the nose cap.  Also has a skirt sort of deal that covers more of the side of the rear sight range notches.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The 27 has the "popsicle" on the front of the stock by the nose cap.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not all.  That's only on later production M27s.  Earlier M27s have nosecaps without the "popsicle stick" reinforcement.

Also has a skirt sort of deal that covers more of the side of the rear sight range notches.

They're there.  You can make out the rear sight slide's protective "ears" in Photo 8 of the auction.

It's definitely a M27.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes i did. I asked the pawn shop if they have a BIN, they replied just call us to pay and we will end the auction. hah
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not all.  That's only on later production M27s.  Earlier M27s have nosecaps without the "popsicle stick" reinforcement.

They're there.  You can make out the rear sight slide's protective "ears" in Photo 8 of the auction.

It's definitely a M27.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also has a skirt sort of deal that covers more of the side of the rear sight range notches.

It's definitely a M27.

I made the "this Finnish gun DEFINITELY has this feature on the stock" mistake like a rookie!  I should know better.  Especially after a friend's great straight stocked M39 fiasco, I should know better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's definitely a M27.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely a M27.

Very true. I have an early one that doesn't have the reinforcements.

Terribad pictures, but you get the idea.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes i did. I asked the pawn shop if they have a BIN, they replied just call us to pay and we will end the auction. hah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good call.

Congrats on a great deal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top