Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2015 5:55:16 PM EDT
Is it possible to have the CMP ship rifles to my business address rather than my apartment?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Enter the address in the ship too address.  If you are mailing in an order make sure to have it notarized with the 2 addresses. Otherwise you will have to contact customer service about your order and send in a new notarized order form.

If you are in thestore, just fill it out.  No notary needed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  I had mine shipped to a mail service because I had problems with "missing" packages at home.

15 years later the manager still complains that moving the cases of ammo hurt his back.

Ammo is so expensive that isn't a problem anymore.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
That is good to know and will come in handy when I order a few 1911s from them in the near future.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is good to know and will come in handy when I order a few 1911s from them in the near future.
View Quote

Oh, I though you were serious.  Nice troll but this isn't GD.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Defense Authorization Act has passed the House and Senate, but not been concurred to and will go to conference committee based on the Senate amendment.  After conference committee, it will go to the President for a signature and we will be able to get them.  I'm not trolling here, but it sounds like you are.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Defense Authorization Act has passed the House and Senate, but not been concurred to and will go to conference committee based on the Senate amendment.  After conference committee, it will go to the President for a signature and we will be able to get them.  I'm not trolling here, but it sounds like you are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Quick search confirms...

Per their facebook post on 5/15/15 the CMP first has to get the wording in it's enabling legislation changed from "rifle" to "firearm" before it could even think about selling handguns. Even then if the amendment is passed it does not require the Army to transfer the pistols to the CMP

Guess who is is in charge of the army?

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The law from .gov

CHAPTER 407 - CORPORATION FOR THE PROMOTION OF RIFLE PRACTICE AND FIREARMS SAFETY
SUBCHAPTER II - CIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM
Sec. 40732 - Sale of firearms and supplies
From the U.S. Government Printing Office, www.gpo.gov

§40732. Sale of firearms and supplies
(a) Affiliated Organizations.—The corporation may sell, at fair market value, caliber .22 rimfire and caliber .30 surplus rifles, air rifles, caliber .22 and .30 ammunition, repair parts, and other supplies to organizations affiliated with the corporation that provide training in the use of firearms.
(b) Gun Club Members.—(1) The corporation may sell, at fair market value, caliber .22 rimfire and caliber .30 surplus rifles, ammunition, repair parts and other supplies necessary for target practice to a citizen of the United States who is over 18 years of age and who is a member of a gun club affiliated with the corporation.
(2) Except as provided in section 40733 of this title, sales under this subsection are subject to applicable United States, State, and local law. In addition to any other requirement, the corporation shall establish procedures to obtain a criminal records check of the individual with United States Government and State law enforcement agencies.
(c) Limitation on Sales.—(1) The corporation may not sell a repair part designed to convert a firearm to fire in a fully automatic mode.
(2) The corporation may not sell any item to an individual who has been convicted of—
(A) a felony; or
(B) a violation of section 922 of title 18.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The law from .gov
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The law from .gov
CHAPTER 407 - CORPORATION FOR THE PROMOTION OF RIFLE PRACTICE AND FIREARMS SAFETY

SUBCHAPTER II - CIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM

Sec. 40732 - Sale of firearms and supplies

From the U.S. Government Printing Office, www.gpo.gov

§40732. Sale of firearms and supplies

(a) Affiliated Organizations.—The corporation may sell, at fair market value, caliber .22 rimfire and caliber .30 surplus rifles, air rifles, caliber .22 and .30 ammunition, repair parts, and other supplies to organizations affiliated with the corporation that provide training in the use of firearms.

(b) Gun Club Members.—(1) The corporation may sell, at fair market value, caliber .22 rimfire and caliber .30 surplus rifles, ammunition, repair parts and other supplies necessary for target practice to a citizen of the United States who is over 18 years of age and who is a member of a gun club affiliated with the corporation.

(2) Except as provided in section 40733 of this title, sales under this subsection are subject to applicable United States, State, and local law. In addition to any other requirement, the corporation shall establish procedures to obtain a criminal records check of the individual with United States Government and State law enforcement agencies.

(c) Limitation on Sales.—(1) The corporation may not sell a repair part designed to convert a firearm to fire in a fully automatic mode.

(2) The corporation may not sell any item to an individual who has been convicted of—

(A) a felony; or

(B) a violation of section 922 of title 18.

The 2016 NDAA includes language to change "rifle" to "firearm".

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Caliber change or removal too.

But the 1911 sales will operate differently then rifles.  Cmp will have different rules for those.  Willing to bet they will go to a ffl.  Almost a guarantee.   Mark already said that they will have to do handguns different.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Do your really think that this administration will let this happen?

They can now rule by decree, as the SCOTUS will back up anything the Executive Branch does, thus circumventing the representative bodies.

Besides after recent events, the conference committee will simply write out the handgun sales portion of the spending authorization.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top