Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 10:54:18 AM EDT
I'm looking at a hammer fired, single shot, .22 rifle (looks like 6mm) with an octagonal barrel and designs on the receiver and trigger guard. The rifle feeds from a trap door type mechanism. I can't find any markings on the rifle, other than the bird on the butt stock cap. The barrel is 23" and the rear sight is a large V notch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Google looks like it's a Belgian Flobert. Does anyone have experience with these?

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one almost exactly like it. It's chambered in 6mm Flobert. Belgian made.

Make sure you only use Folbert ammo (of the proper size) as the action is very weak. Even short CB caps will stress it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give you $25 for it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll give you $25 for it!
View Quote

LOL....That's about all they are worth.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Make sure you only use Folbert ammo (of the proper size) as the action is very weak. Even short CB caps will stress it.
View Quote

I was hoping it was .22 lr.

Thanks for everyone's help. I might buy it as a wall hanger.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#5]
It may be okay to shoot with low powered shorts . My dad had an old German pistol in 5.3mm he used to shoot it all the time with shorts . The Aguila Colibris are pretty low pressure rounds . If it was cheap enough I would say take a gamble wall hangers are not as much fun as shooters
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if it can be relined and rechambered to 22lr, 22mag  or 17 HMR
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It may be okay to shoot with low powered shorts . My dad had an old German pistol in 5.3mm he used to shoot it all the time with shorts . The Aguila Colibris are pretty low pressure rounds . If it was cheap enough I would say take a gamble wall hangers are not as much fun as shooters
View Quote

The "legs" on the action are very very weak. I simply can't stress that enough. Many you see are already cracked due to using what they were not designed to use. While shorts will fit in most of the Floberts like the OP's (and mine) even the lowest pressure modern CB it too potent for the action.

I'm sure you could get away with it in a rolling block Flobert but not these "trap doors".
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have one almost exactly like it. It's chambered in 6mm Flobert. Belgian made.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/idvp0j.jpg

View Quote

Now that I think about it, how do I know if it's 6mm or .22? I just assumed it was .22 because a .22lr fit in the chamber.

Looks like it's 6mm. Side by side next to a Glenfield .22 lr:
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if it can be relined and rechambered to 22lr, 22mag  or 17 HMR
View Quote

Are you trying to kill him? That action is too weak for a .22 short, and you want to put a .22 MAGNUM in it?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
You could always use those primer fired .22 rounds they have no powder just priming compound and they are pretty fun.

http://www.lohmanarms.com/product_p/ag337.htm
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#12]
How is the bore? I have them in both 22 and 32 rim fire. If in good shape the ones like this with the heavier blocks can withstand a small amount of low velocity ammo.
Get some CC I quiet and try it out.

If the bore is gone it's pretty much just a wall hanger. They are fun to have either way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]
100 round tins of new production 6mm Flobert are around $15.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top