Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 10:03:48 PM EDT
AIM has Polish & Romanian, aside from $10, any difference?

Planning on buying one when my C&R FFL gets here, but my interest centers around the 7.62x25 cartridge.

School me on them lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Common line of thought is that the polish are typically made to more exacting standards. Although I have a Romanian and it's a beaut that shoots great.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The Polish do tend to be a bit nicer cosmetically. Whether or not it'll shoot better is debatable.  There have been several waves of these imported with a few different safety configurations and import marking variations over the years.
The older ones tended to have faint stamps whereas new ones can look like a damn billboard. The newer safeties on the latest batch of Poles look like the ones that came in on the Romanian pistols. All are easily removed and plugged but, the latest safety IIRC has basically 3 holes to fill instead of two.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got both, and the Polish has a very small edge on fit and finish.  It is a really small difference...  basically just fewer machining marks and the depth of the gloss of the bluing.  They both shoot great.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I would ask Aim if one has smaller import marking than the other.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Received a Polish Tok from AIM tonight and it is in awesome shape. Import mark is very viable but not too crude like some of the dot matrix ones.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Polish because their scallop slide serrations are like a WWII Russian TT33.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll go into left field and say that I like the Yugo better than the Polish or Romanian...

For me, the longer grip was a lot easier for me to hold. Plus, you gain that extra round in the magazine. The safeties on other guns aren't something I like, plus they look like crap when removed. Mine has the frame mounted safety, like a 1911. Works... and isn't that big of a deal to use.

Glad I got mine shortly after that Sandy Hook shooting, as surplus pistols weren't all bought up. J&G had them for like $180, then the $10 handpick fee. Also got a Nagant for $100, and the same handpick fee. The biggest thing was the ammo, which I got a spam can for each. 7.62x25mm is harder to find surplus ammo. Great cartridge, but it is getting harder to shoot.

Hopefully, some ammo company will start doing major support of the round. Hell, Wolf or Tula would be perfect.

Since there aren't any pictures...

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Ditto on the Yugo's. I think I got mine from Graf's a few years ago and they were in excellent to unissued condition. The safety works fine for me. I had to soak the slide in varisol parts cleaner for several days to get the cosmo from around the firing pin.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll go into left field and say that I like the Yugo better than the Polish or Romanian...

For me, the longer grip was a lot easier for me to hold. Plus, you gain that extra round in the magazine. The safeties on other guns aren't something I like, plus they look like crap when removed. Mine has the frame mounted safety, like a 1911. Works... and isn't that big of a deal to use.

Glad I got mine shortly after that Sandy Hook shooting, as surplus pistols weren't all bought up. J&G had them for like $180, then the $10 handpick fee. Also got a Nagant for $100, and the same handpick fee. The biggest thing was the ammo, which I got a spam can for each. 7.62x25mm is harder to find surplus ammo. Great cartridge, but it is getting harder to shoot.

Hopefully, some ammo company will start doing major support of the round. Hell, Wolf or Tula would be perfect.

Since there aren't any pictures...

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc61/Screwball216/null-7.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc61/Screwball216/null-8.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc61/Screwball216/null-9.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy them all. A Yugo, polish, and Romanian. And good luck with finding economically priced 7.62x25 ammo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy them all. A Yugo, polish, and Romanian. And good luck with finding economically priced 7.62x25 ammo.
View Quote

I've found it for $16.50/50rd. box.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:02:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Load your own from formed 5.56 cases and cast lead 125grn coated bullets.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Got mine yesterday! Gonna disassemble and clean today. I forgot, is it these or the Star B's that I was told NOT to dry fire? or both?

Think i'll buy a cpl more mags as well just for good measure.

Quoted:

Where?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000163&dir=18|829|843
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got mine yesterday! Gonna disassemble and clean today. I forgot, is it these or the Star B's that I was told NOT to dry fire? or both?

View Quote

That would be the Stars...  BUT, best to always use a snap cap just to be on the safe side.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm just missing a Russian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top