BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone in the us making them?

I bet the cost will be double what the real ones are too

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
US manufacturer, price is about the same.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.  

I've got some of the fiber ones, but always have to baby them so they'll last.  I'll definitely buy some of these.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I am dead on at the heart of the target demographic (I bought my first K31 about a month ago), and I really question the cost.

$13 for one or $20 for two? I'm curious how they work, but I'm not even tempted at that price.

I know with polymers products, it's the engineering and tooling that holds most of the production costs. I think they should shoot for volume instead of margin. Offer a 10 pack for $30 or so, and I'll be much more interested.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originals can still be found for $7 each, at least that was the last price I seen at the shows.   No way I'd pay that for a polymer one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a great idea!  The CMP match shooters will be all over these (me included).

ETA: It might sound like a lot of money for a stripper clip, but considering the amount of money that we spend on the rifle, shooting mat, spotting scope, shooting coat, leather match sling, shooting glasses, data books, cart to haul it in, ammo, match fees, etc, $20 for a pair of strippers sorta gets lost in the noise.

Matt

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Will they hold six rounds or only five?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I might buy two for use in matches but no more than that at that price point.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The price is going to have to come down a little
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a dozen of them with cases of GP11 back when I was buying K31's for $79 from AIM. Given the cost of the originals these days the polymer price does not seem that far off for a longer lasting alternative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top