Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 4:24:57 PM EDT
Never seen one mo marked so I had to get it since I've been looking
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Now I really dislike you. That has the original style front sight as well as the original markings. Good catch
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now I really dislike you. That has the original style front sight as well as the original markings. Good catch
View Quote

Good to know :-) unfortunately now I need to find a holster and the tools. It and the lanyard was all it came with.
I'd love to know what the experts have to say about this one. I like to document each of my finds so I can pass their historical importance to my kids and educate myself as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if AIM has tins of Gnant ammo still?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Any import markings?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any import markings?
View Quote

I had to look for them and finally found it, very small and faint on the right side of the barrel. CAI

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It's "MO" marked too. Some people pay hefty premiums for that on M1895s since its not as common as on Mosins, even thought nobody has a clue what that mark really means.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Grabbed a can of the ammo :-) thanks.
Is the 42 date a rearsenal date? Any other interesting facts on it? (Got a book on military firearms coming to see what peeks my interest
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
So I did the bonding ritual, tearing her down to the smallest part and giving her a loving cleaning and lube all the way back together. Found it odd that there doesn't appear to be any arsenal stamp even though they must have redone her seeing the /42 date. All pictures Ive found online show them with the refurb mark.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#9]
went to the range with this yesterday, having seen lots of post where people complain about how hard it is to cycle I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it has very little kick and I was able to get decent groupings with both single/dbl action shots. Some described needing a crane to pull the

trigger. Granted it's not like modern pulls were you barely touch it and it goes off, but it was still very manageable. Sorta makes me wonder if they simply didn't grease their moving parts.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I want one soooo bad.

I've passed on too many as they were just dime-a-dozen pieces.  In hindsight, I should have bought any of them so I'd at least have at least one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I want one soooo bad.

I've passed on too many as they were just dime-a-dozen pieces.  In hindsight, I should have bought any of them so I'd at least have at least one.
View Quote
I wish I would have bought one when they were $80

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought mine at $50-$80, have four, all imports.  Pre Soviet, Soviet, Soviet all from Tula and one from Izhevsk arsenal.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Where abouts in GA did you find it?  I've been on the hunt for one in S GA pawn shops for a while now with no luck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where abouts in GA did you find it?  I've been on the hunt for one in S GA pawn shops for a while now with no luck.
View Quote

At the Marietta gun show a few weeks back. Got very lucky to find one. They can be had, just got to look online. I know where one is right now in ga if you want to PM me, they are $200 firm on it though, tula marked.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

At the Marietta gun show a few weeks back. Got very lucky to find one. They can be had, just got to look online. I know where one is right now in ga if you want to PM me, they are $200 firm on it though, tula marked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200 is too rich for my blood..I'll keep looking down here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup...exactly why I don't pick it up :-) but they do seem to be going for that ballpark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top