Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 11:44:29 AM EDT
Can I receive a rifle from an individual from another state who isn't a C&R without them sending it to me from an FFL?  Take my stupid NY state law out of the equation.  I think that's what's messing me up, because I'm thinking that I need to have them send it to me from an FFL because they're not a C&R.  Do I just put their info. into my book? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
State and local laws aside, you can legally receive a C&R gun from an out of state resident, without having an FFL send it to you.  You simply log it into your bound book with their name and address.  I typically ask for a copy of their DL for my records too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
State and local laws aside, you can legally receive a C&R gun from an out of state resident, without having an FFL send it to you.  You simply log it into your bound book with their name and address.  I typically ask for a copy of their DL for my records too.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks, that's what I was kinda thinking but this stupid safe act in NY has my brain all effed up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a C&R pistol? Does it need to ship from a 03FFL or better?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top