User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2014 6:57:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
One less now...  I didn't really need it...  but what the heck,,,
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Well looks like I need to find a stock now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They had them for $34 right there on the site, at least they did when I ordered...  that plus the rifle is still below what they are selling for these days not a "gunsmith special"...
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They had them for $34 right there on the site, at least they did when I ordered...  that plus the rifle is still below what they are selling for these days not a "gunsmith special"...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that. Hopefully they are cut for the blade bayonet as the spikes are different. I think I will just wait to see what condition it arrives in first. Anyhow, its a great deal for the gun even if the stock is completely broken.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI those stocks that RTI sells are not Chinese stocks, they are Albanian replacements.  They are new, but very roughly finished, and require a lot of work to make them work with the Chinese rifles.  There has been discussions on the SKS boards about this very topic.

I ordered one of the cracked stock rifles from the last bunch, got a all matching Sino-Soviet with a couple of repairable cracks in the wrist, and the side of the stock, by the magazine broken in half.  It's still packed in the grease, not had time to clean it up yet, but I have a Chinese fiberglass stock I'll put it in till i see if the stock is salvageable.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Any matching numbers in the lot?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unlikely, but probably luck of the draw at best when you are ordering a "gunsmith special".
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
theres actually a large thread on sksboard and someone quantified the data:

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=125645.msg1510171#msg1510171

the real jackpot seems to be the all matching russian sks (of which there are less than a handful reported (in that thread)).

i joined that board to find out more about my rifle (which i got got last year from RT). Mine is a russian, but with a mismatched chinese receiver cover. the rest of the numbers on my rifle match though, even the stock

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
OOS
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone else order one?  I did and my card was billed on 4/2...  haven't seen it yet, haven't gotten a notification of shipment, and when I call their customer service I just get voice mail.  Left a message, hopefully they will get back to me...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone else order one?  I did and my card was billed on 4/2...  haven't seen it yet, haven't gotten a notification of shipment, and when I call their customer service I just get voice mail.  Left a message, hopefully they will get back to me...
View Quote

I bought one on the first go round.  They bill you when you order, and they ship in about a month or so.  I think mine was at about 4-5 weeks.  You'll get it be patient.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I bought one on the first go round.  They bill you when you order, and they ship in about a month or so.  I think mine was at about 4-5 weeks.  You'll get it be patient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info...  that's what I was wondering...  if they were always this slow.  Most of the places I've bought from in the past have shipped within a few days and I have both UPS and Fedex set up to email me as soon as I've got a package inbound.  I understand that some sellers work differently, I just wanted to know if this is normal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info...  that's what I was wondering...  if they were always this slow.  Most of the places I've bought from in the past have shipped within a few days and I have both UPS and Fedex set up to email me as soon as I've got a package inbound.  I understand that some sellers work differently, I just wanted to know if this is normal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They ship fed ex, and you'll get no warning it's coming either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Their shipping has always been as slow as Century's.  Wish I'd have picked one up before my license expired.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine's in the mail and will be here Thursday.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I got mine today (missed the truck yesterday). It is in better shape than I thought it would be and it appears to have only one crack behind the receiver and a couple of good fresh dents on the wood. Numbers match on the receiver, trigger group, and bolt. I will start cleaning it up tonight.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I just got a shipping notice from RTI this morning with a FedEx tracking #...  Good deal!
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just got a shipping notice from RTI this morning with a FedEx tracking #...  Good deal!
View Quote

It was just delivered this morning...  There was a snafu with the delivery address, but RTI customer service was able to get it cleared up once I got ahold of them.  The rifle is cosmoline soaked as you'd expect...  Like a lot of Chinese milsurp the finish is largely worn off, but the stock isn't actually broken or cracked...  It does however have a bunch of names carved into it...  Which is actually kinda cool in a way.  I ordered a replacement stock but I am thinking I may not bother fitting and finishing it since the original stock is functional.

All in all a great deal...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top