Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2017 1:39:45 AM EDT
so i have narrow the barrel down but cant seem to decide on the stock. Archangel Precision Stock,Archangel Deluxe Target Stock,BLACKHAWK! Knoxx Axiom.Hogue OverMolded Tactical Thumb hole black/ghillie green or red lava. so which one would you guys choose or you have? if i missed any adjustable 10/22 stocks for around $100 please let me know and the only reason the hogue made the list is the colors it comes in and it looks pretty cool. this gun is gonna be a plinker want to keep the build under $500 or as close as possible right now i have $201.38 for the 10/22 $57.10 for bsa sweet .22 and bsa 1" rings and barrel $99.99. i am at  $358.47 right now so with a stock at like $120 or less i should be good. so what are you guys thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently upgraded my 10/22 from a Hogue overmold and heavy barrel to a X22 stock with Kidd LW threaded barrel. Love the combination. Stock feels great and its a tack driver.

5 shots of federal automatch at 50 yards.
D3768F41-0027-45A5-917E-2EBD439F72CD_zpskokm6ixe by Victor Malchesky, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have also been a big fan of the Hogue Overmold stocks on my 10/22's but recently bought an X-22 and have no regrets. It's a pretty bitchin stock with a lot of accessories and options available for it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
CWP who is the mfg of stock Ruger laminate stocks has some 10/22 stocks on clearance.  warehouse15 coupon code puts all of their stocks at ~$83 for me after shipping.

https://www.cwp-usa.com/collections/clearance-rack
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CWP who is the mfg of stock Ruger laminate stocks has some 10/22 stocks on clearance.  warehouse15 coupon code puts all of their stocks at ~$83 for me after shipping.

https://www.cwp-usa.com/collections/clearance-rack
View Quote
they are all sold out thanks though and as far as the the x22 i haven't found them with in the the price i am wanting to spend especially at $140kinda over priced. so was it the basic houge over mold or was it the thumb hole model. im not a huge fan of magpul for any thing other than ar mag and that only cause they cost like 5.99 to 8.99 all the damn time and that cheaper than steal mags.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got my black X-22 stock on Amazon for $114.98 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just got my black X-22 stock on Amazon for $114.98 with free shipping.
View Quote
yea but me and magpul are on the rocks right now cause i personally had a ar15 but stock that didn't fit right it was clearly out of spec and a pistol grip with the same issue i returned both to vendor the pistol grip i could have sanded but i would have removed 1/2 an inch to get it to fit the lower and that would have snapped off with one good nudge. then my roommate bought the sga stock for his 590 and i did sand that cause he wanted the orange one and he told me to.so i spent 2 hours to get to were you can kinda finagle the trigger group out with out loosening the stock but still needs some sanding to be right. and it seems to me a lot of people are starting to have same issues and in my opinion if magpul charged $50 dollar instead of $100+ for nearly ever piece of furniture they sell a little sanding wouldn't get me butt hurt but they don't so it does.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#7]
CONTINUED
in my opinion if you charge a premium price sell a premium product and magpul arent the only people doing it ruger mini14 i haven't seen that was produced after 1980 that did not have to go back to ruger  at least once and the base model is $1000 dollar msrp thats a joke. these companies get some clout behind there name and just say f-um. i used to stand behind magpul thought they were a decent company but seems like there going that direction i would rather give my money to a company that is willing to work for my money not just spit out garbage and ride their name. i haven't seen any bad reviews on the hogue's the lowest rating i found was 3 stars and it was because he got it for his grandson and it was a little large for his grandson's hands. so yeah sorry for the rant but im a little tired of the greatness of magpul they haven't been around long enough to send out garbage that is out of spec / warped and still expect people to pay double or triple for it. so yea no magpul for me and that's why it didn't make my list. if anyone has opinions/experience with the others please i want to know the good and bad or if there is one i over looked in the sub $120 range.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my hogue, but these days have considered dumping it for a Boyd's.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like my hogue, but these days have considered dumping it for a Boyd's.
View Quote
so to be in the the sub 120 would you go with the hogue. from what a i know about them all pistol grips but they are good never used one of there rifle stocks. i used one archangel on a mosin nagant i was a good shooter felt a little plasticy but i don't own it just shoot it once so cant speak to durability weather or not there were any fitment issues etc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
so to be in the the sub 120 would you go with the hogue. from what a i know about them all pistol grips but they are good never used one of there rifle stocks. i used one archangel on a mosin nagant i was a good shooter felt a little plasticy but i don't own it just shoot it once so cant speak to durability weather or not there were any fitment issues etc.
View Quote
I'd add $5.00 and go with This.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#11]
that's now on the list they dont have it for that price on brownells or midway for that price they had unfinished for 180 so i bypassed it. but do you think that's better then this https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/hogue-ruger-10-22-tactical-overmolded-thumbhole-stock-920-barrel-red-lava-22072-743108220726.do
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#12]
If it were me, yes. I'd go with the Boyd's. while I like my hogue, if someone offered to trade it to a Boyd's for $30 out of my walllet, I'd likely rip my back pocket open getting the cash out.

They have a lot of options closer to what you're looking for too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If it were me, yes. I'd go with the Boyd's. while I like my hogue, if someone offered to trade it to a Boyd's for $30 out of my walllet, I'd likely rip my back pocket open getting the cash out.

They have a lot of options closer to what you're looking for too.
View Quote
so i went threw it all and it was like 263 dollars. im thinking of sticking with something cheaper thank you for the suggestion. part of it was the length of pull and that is perfect on the the hogue at 14 1/4
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#14]
How are you getting $263 for a stock listed at $129? Buying two of them?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the Titan 10/22 stock. Mine is in OD green.

http://victorcompanyusa.com/titan-1022.html
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#16]
TacStar ADTAC adaptive tactical stock.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How are you getting $263 for a stock listed at $129? Buying two of them?
View Quote
i changed the lop cause it came with a 13 3/4 then i did adjustable comb height and and butt pad and its $237 sorry my lysdexia (dyslexia) kicked in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like the Titan 10/22 stock. Mine is in OD green.

http://victorcompanyusa.com/titan-1022.html
View Quote
i was looking at those the major issues i had was the price is just enough to put me over my target of under 500 and i cant find lop on it and there's no way to change it so if  don't know that makes it hard cause one of the main reasons for changing the stock is the  lop is really short on factory stock.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#19]
so i decided to get get the black hawk one cause its so cheap and its the lightest one. its also super cheap and if i want to adjust comb or lop i just need to buy an after market butt stock. thank for all your help guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top