Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 10:51:57 PM EDT
I'm looking to make my first foray into suppressors, and was wondering how well these work as suppressor hosts?  They're already threaded from the factory, but I'm also wanting to know if the threads are consistent enough to avoid baffle strikes, or if I should have the threads corrected right out of the gate.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The RAR rifle is on point, never had any issues with mine.  I have the full sized model, replaced the stock with a Boyd's Tacticool stock.  Great suppressor host.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
No issues with mine either.  Sooo quiet.  Really like that rifle.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine's great. 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a RAR specifically to cut to 16" and thread. Sold my FVSR because I wanted to use all my 10/22 mags.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Just picked up a RAR target to be a host, very happy with it overall. Only dislike is you have to remove it from the stock to adjust the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, good info.  Now I'm going to hijack my own thread

How well does the 10/22 serve as a suppressor host?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a stainless RAR on the way for suppression and a threaded 10/22 TD sitting at home. I'm also waiting on my suppressors. I am excited to try both out with a can. The bolt should be crazy quiet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Since getting a can this year I spend prepping all of my 22s to host it. I put a kidd LW barrel on and it seems to be a good overall host. The reason I got the bolt was just to have an even quitter rifle since you will not have the sound of the bolt opening and closing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Louder than the RAR. 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
They work, just not as good as a bolt gun host. You have action noise, ejection port noise and being a semi auto, it won't cycle the really slow stuff.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine's great. Nice to have 10/22 mag compatibility.

Still like my PWS Summit more, but if I didn't have that, it'd be just the RAR.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Great host.  I hear the firing pin spring with my Spectre II.  Had it threaded to SiCo specs (bought it before the threaded models came out).  My 10/22, while quiet, is nowhere as near quiet as the bolt gun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was disappointed when I first shot my 10/22 suppressed because to me it sounded just as loud as it did unsuppressed... or just as quiet. I never felt the need for earpro when shooting the 10/22 with normal bulk ammo anyway, and when I put a can on it, I couldn't really tell the difference. This was due to the sonic crack. I could shoot subs but they won't cycle in the semi action. It ends up being a pull-action every time. So now I have a RAR Compact. It is basically the same as the 10/22, but if I shoot subs, I'm not expecting it to cycle ammo anyway. Honestly, you'd probably be fine to just manually cycle the 10/22 when shooting subs, but I'll take any excuse to add to the collection. 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
That's wierd.  My 10/22 cycles "subs" just fine.  Most all standard velocity and "subsonic" ammo will clock around 1000-1100 fps and still cycle the action.  I suspect you may be shooting the "Quiet 22" loads.  They definitely won't cycle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top