Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:11:31 AM EDT
I've been thinking of getting a ruger 10/22 but I'm not sure what model to get. I didn't realize there were so many models and special editions!
I'm looking for one with a threaded barrel that's not a take down model and would be nice if it had fixed sights also but not required.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Ruger link

This is the only non-TD threaded model listed on Ruger's website. It does not have sights, though.

Not sure if there are older models that fit your needs.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad has a flash hider version from way back. I think it was called a sportster or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Had similar requirements and ended up here...

https://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-22LR-Rimfire-Rifle-Ultra-Barrel-with-Threaded-Muzzle.asp
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Or just buy a billet receiver and build it how you want it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I just buy a base model, sell everything but the bolt and receiver and build from that.

It would be easier to just get a billet receiver, but I like having the ruger one.

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can find one model# 11173 is my favorite.

It was only made for 2014 and has been discontinued.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be the one (11173) if I can find it at a reasonable price if not I'll grab one without fixed sights.
I looked at just building one from a billet but it's more involved that I want to get right now. Can't believe how much aftermarket support this rifle has.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there much accuracy difference between the td and fixed barrel?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be the one (11173) if I can find it at a reasonable price if not I'll grab one without fixed sights.
I looked at just building one from a billet but it's more involved that I want to get right now. Can't believe how much aftermarket support this rifle has.
View Quote
They're very easy to build.

I like Kidd for aftermarket parts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Get the cheapest one you can find, you will end up modding the heck out of it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get the cheapest one you can find, you will end up modding the heck out of it.
View Quote
Then just buy a billet receiver then.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there much accuracy difference between the td and fixed barrel?
View Quote
There is a lot of disagreement on that.  Some people say it is damn close if you properly adjust things per the directions.  Others claim they get much worse accuracy from the TD model.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Charger pistol with a stock, after your form 1 clears of course.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I was exploring this option and seriously considering it especially with the new outlook on blades and stabilizer braces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top