Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2017 7:58:49 AM EDT
I recently picked up a an HK Mp5 SD in .22 built by Walther. I have to say I really like this rifle. It is one of the, if not my favorite rifle to shoot. Just a Blast to shoot. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get the scope mount so I can put a red dot sight it. I have looked around and only found one place and it was close to $100.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
My friend just went through this cause he did not like the ones that came with his MKEs. He wanted a lower profile so it would co-witness. I think he got the Aimpoint ones.  Not %100 sure. But the ones he got do co-witness. So it depend if you want to co witness or not.  Let me call him to this thread so he can tell you more.  

@fuzzynet help this guy out. 
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Idea of Co-witnessing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Get one of the airsoft ones as they work fine on a 22.

Go to the armory section and take a look at the GSG forum
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Here an old thread on it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_9/472201_Help-with-MP5-optic-mount.html3

Edit: I was wrong, he ended up with the B&T BT-10266
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I will check out the GSG forum,

Its strange to be learning a new gun, Shooting AR's for so long.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I think botach still has the b&t mounts pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:02:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought my rail about 5 years ago off Amazon for $16.75.  It's called a "Soft Air Rail Mount For MP5 Style Rifles" and had a very large grouping of excellent reviews.  As of today it says "Not Currently Available" so that could mean it's gone for good or will be back tomorrow.  There were other options but they were crazy expensive and honestly after owning this one for so long, anything else is a bit of a rip off in my opinion.  Keep in mind I don't bang mine around or treat it really rough but I don't baby it either and it's held up perfectly.  There's no way I'd pay for those $50-200 versions unless you plan on going into combat with your .22 MP5.  One surprise was just how accurate these rifles are, didn't expect that but here we are.  Sorry for the crappy pic, took it for insurance reasons and it's the only one I have.

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I am leaning towards getting this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DNSOUMA?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am leaning towards getting this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DNSOUMA?tag=vglnk-c102-20
View Quote
Looks a crapshoot with several bad reviews but more good than bad.  Worth a try, good luck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:40:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked one up from HKparts - it was around $100 and absolutely the lowest profile one available.   I think they list it as the lowest profile one... I'll go look and edit my post. 

here it is: Ultra low profile

Much better than the cheaper crap I had. It does co-witness. 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a claw-type rail mount from Amazon years ago for my Walther MP5-22, it's held my reflex sight with no issues.

But I think mine is quite a bit higher than the 'real deal' HK claw mount so mine may not co-witness, which wasn't an issue for me. I tried a TRS-25 with no riser first and did not like the cheek weld on the collapsible stock. Went to an AR height reflex and much preferred the chin weld.

If you want to co-witness I'd recommend going with a fixed stock but they're hard to come by these days. I think Walther/Umarex is no longer making them. I recently ordered an airsoft fixed stock from fleabay and it was uber-flimsy plastic and too small to fit without a lot of dremeling/filing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked one up from HKparts - it was around $100 and absolutely the lowest profile one available.   I think they list it as the lowest profile one... I'll go look and edit my post. 

here it is: Ultra low profile

Much better than the cheaper crap I had. It does co-witness. 
View Quote
This 100%.

I use this one on my HK MP5:  HK MP5 .22 scope mount

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't realize how low profile mine was till seeing the other pics, I like it even more now .  Although I'm pretty sure my Vortex optic mount isn't see through so I guess it's a moot point except now I want a see through mount .  Dang it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top