Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2017 9:50:14 AM EDT
Are these Savage 64F rifles at Wal Mart for 100 dollars good little rifles or are they junk?  Do they have magazine or other reliability problems?

I looked at one at another store that was asking more and it seemed to be made well with an all steel receiver and maybe a steel magazine.  Savage usually puts good barrels on their rifles.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Website The Truth About Guns has a review of it. Looks like it has pros and cons but overall a good rifle.

For 100 bucks I'd bet it's a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't go wrong at that price point.
Cheaper than a 10/22.
But for that price great starter rifle
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I own a 64 and a bunch of 10/22s.  I'd rather have one 10/22 than two 64s.

Someone has the 10/22 on sale right now for $199.  That's the deal I'd jump on if I was looking.

Savage is a decent enough rifle, I just think the controls on the 10/22 are more user friendly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine last year during arfwalmartgunspocolypse or whatever we were calling it for $72. Its a good little plinker.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you had any problems with the Savage 64 magazines?  I noticed they are usually more expensive than the Marlin 795 magazines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top