Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2017 8:46:39 PM EDT
Does anyone have one to measure? How long is the forearm? I am wondering if it will work with a 9 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Here is mine with a 10" barrel.  So a 9" should be GTG.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
10-3/8 inch.  

Look at a integrated suppressed barrel.  That's the route I went.  

I have a TD in a Hunter X22 w/ Gemtech Mist and a non-TD 10/22 in a standard Hunter X22 w/ Thompson Machine Operative.  

Best of both worlds.  Bbls are only 16" and really look just like standard bull barrel 10/22's.  But suppressed!!

Edit:  the picture shows the X22 Backpacker, so not sure if that's different dimensions than mine?  But, when I measure the length of the front handguard from the "break" to the forward end, it's 10-3/8".
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry.  It is the backpacker.  When I was researching, the x22 forearm was too long. GL
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah. Too long for a charger td barrel.

It will have to go in a hogue instead. Or a backpacker.  Good info.

I hope the adaptive tactical barrels aren't junk. There are very few td charger barrels out there. Less with a cantilever mount.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of the backpacker.

I wonder what barrel profiles the mount will work with? Are bull barrels and taper the same profile in that area?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
You are able to use both profiles. There is a plastic insert you use with the taper profile and you remove it with the bull barrel.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are able to use both profiles. There is a plastic insert you use with the taper profile and you remove it with the bull barrel.
View Quote
I mean the optic mount. Not the stock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The magpul optic mount fits around my tacsol barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top