Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 1:02:44 PM EDT
how are these as far as reliability and accuracy?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 572, and there is a 552 in the family.

The 572 has a small part in the trigger group - the "action bar lock" - that is a little bit prone to breaking. I think I broke 2 of them when I was a kid - but in the guns defense, it had a LOT of ammo through it, and it was never babied.

The gun still works just fine, a bunch of years later.

The 552 appears to be more robust, in some ways, but I wouldn't shy away from a 572 - especially the BDL (improved finish, better sights).

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
how are these as far as reliability and accuracy?
View Quote

My 552 Speedmaster has been great in both categories, but mine's also about 50 years old. had it since my Dad gave it to me in the 80's, and he picked it up used years before that.

I've crammed a mix of .22 shorts, longs & long rifles, some of them green with corrosion. It ran them all.

I've also got an older Speedmaster bolt action, picked it up cheap a few years ago. Bore isn't in as good a shape as the 552 but still a good shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top