Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:41:19 PM EDT
Was just gifted a 572 Fieldmaster that was made in Dec 1961 if I read the barrel code correctly.  Barrel length is 23.5"  I'll post some pics later when I can.  Rifle is in good condition, some light rust spots on barrel but was kept oiled.  Receiver worn down in many areas.  Rifle was standing guard in a barn in North Dakota for years.  Going to give the rifle to my wife after I add either a vintage V22 or K4 Weaver.  Now to go shoot some prairie dogs with it.  Rifle is chambered for .22 S/L/LR and has the dual extractors.  Good training rifle for my Remington 870 shotguns too.

CD
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure the barrel screw is tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqjDQxZIioM
View Quote
Well don't have to worry about it being tight since its missing  One part to order.

CD
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
My first rifle was a 572 BDL. The gun is a little bit long in the tooth now (but far newer than that one) - but I still love to shoot it. Can't wait until my kids are big enough to shoot it too! I have been surprised by the accuracy it is capable of.

-shooter
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the new Barrel Locking Screw and installed a Weaver V22 scope I had since the 80s.  The Weaver K4 was disportional too big on it.

CD
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top