Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 10:33:29 PM EDT
Took my Beretta ARX 160 rimfire out to the range for the first time.

Ran fine with CCI stingers, no malfunctions. Meant to bring some Rem. thunderbolt and Federal copper jacket but left them in my other rifle bag.

At 25 yards it consistently made quarter sized groups, no flyers.

I'm running an AR height reflex sight, the factory flip ups are actually higher, looks like it would take a low or medium riser to co-witness. The factory irons fold pretty low but are a little harder to deploy and when you fold them back down you have to push the release button. Like other Berettas the front sight has both windbag & elevation that needs an included tool to adjust. For BUIS they do the job, but not sure if I'll raise my optic or add different sites.

With the stock folded it's about 29" long, and locks closed. Charge handle can be mounted on either side and is easy to switch.

This is an easy rifle to remove the bolt and requires no tools. The trigger pack comes off like an HK rifle. With the stock folded can see the back of the bolt and pops out once the trigger pack is off
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are kind of neat looking. How's the trigger? I've heard bad things about the centerfire ARX trigger; is the rimfire any better?

I saw one of the .22 pistols at a show this weekend; the thing was frigging huge.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My trigger feels good, like a GI single stage but feels like a 6 to 7 lb pull. No creep, with a good predictable break. The trigger itself is wide and smooth.

I like the fact that the barrel isn't just a thin barrel inside a sleeve, it's a true pencil profile barrel. The grip looks and feels like an A2 and is part of the trigger housing so not easily changeable. I'm not a fan of A2 grips but at least the ARX grip is just a tad narrower side to side and longer front to back than the A2s that came on my RRAs.

I'd also looked at the CZ 512 but was more than I wanted to pay for a tactical .22.

A 10/22 carbine in an Archangel stock was my next choice but I liked the way the ARX broke down and came from the factory with a folding stock and sites.

The ARX pistol looks a little too bulky for me. I think I'd opt for the Charger 10/22 pistol first.

I have a 50 round drum on the way from HKParts.net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top