Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2017 6:09:40 PM EDT
I think I posted this in the wrong sub forum, so I figured I'd post it here. I'm just wanting to know if the Weaver style rail that comes with the 10/22 is good to go, or if an aftermarket would be a better way to go.

Link to original post linky
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Weaver base instead of the one that came with it. The weaver base you can still use iron sights when the scope/rds is removed or not on yet. Rugers base blocks the iron sights.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
It's good to go imo.  Be sure to use some lock-tite on the set screws to anchor that bastard in and you wont have any problems.

^ the comment about the raised weaver base is spot on too if you wanted to go that route.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at these Midwest Industries    LaRue  I could've sworn one of them had a channel cut through the middle so you could use the front sights. But obliviously not. It's not too big of an issue for me, as I do plan on adding an aftermarket barrel, and not taking the scope off. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's good to go imo.  Be sure to use some lock-tite on the set screws to anchor that bastard in and you wont have any problems.

^ the comment about the raised weaver base is spot on too if you wanted to go that route.
View Quote

Always do
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
There really isn't anything all that wrong with the factory base other then the slots limit your mounting options.

My issue with most of the aftermarket 10/22 bases is that most of them are just too tall IMO. I guess that's fine if you are mounting a large scope and need the clearance but I tend to go for smaller scopes on the 10/22 (40mm Obj tops but usually stay with 36mm or smaller) and like to mount them as close to the bore axis as I can, especially with stocks like the factory one that do not have a raised comb. This also an area where I don't see any reason to spend big money.

If you don't have a need for an extended base, I've found the Weaver Multi-Slot Base (430T) is actually a decent base for not much money.

If you do need or want an extended and are willing to spend a little more, I recently picked up a DLASK Arms base (DSLAK at Brownells). I got the .375" model but I like that the offer different height bases so if you need or want a taller base for whatever reason, you have that option.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I'll try the base that came with it for now. Depending on eye relief and what not I'll probably go with the Midwest Industries base if I need an upgrade. The rifle is on a Magpul stock, so I'm not too worried about the extra height as I can add a higher comb piece to the stock if need be. Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top