Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2017 6:41:41 PM EDT
All three of my BX25 mag started having issues lifting the stack fast enough to beat the bolt going forward. The rounds were being hit on the side and bent by the bolt.

I tried simply cleaning them and it got better, but once I wiped the surfaces where the case rim and bullet tip with a slightly oily rag the issues cleared up completely. I just happened to have a little fluid film in a rag I used to wipe down the internals with and it seemed to work like a charm.

My takedown continues to impress. Repeats very well!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had a similar situation with a new BX15 mag.  When I got home, I emptied the remaining rounds from said magazine.  Then I sprayed a small amount of Ballistol into the mag and worked the innards with a small dowell rod.  I then re-loaded the mag with 15 rounds and it functioned great, so far.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Personally I'm not a fan of using oil on mags,  I did get good results with dry graphite lube.

Spray on a rag(cut old t-shirts) then wipe the internal parts.

http://homedepot.com/p/Blaster-5-5-oz-Industrial-Graphite-Dry-Lubricant-8-GS/202597501
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top