Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2017 11:49:33 AM EDT
I'm considering picking up a CZ 455 American combo and would like to run it suppressed. Have any of y'all had the factory barrels threaded? Wondering if there is enough meat there to thread and have a good shoulder.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
My 17 HMR barrel was cut to 18in and threaded 1/2x28 and my 22LR barrel cut to 16.5 and threaded the same. It's the most accurate 22 I've fired and one of my favorite rifles. The POI change between barrels is very consistent.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok great...I called a couple local places today and they're asking $125 per barrel to cut and thread! Seems high to me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
$125 is a little on the high side, but if they do good work it's worth it. There are a lot of reputable places which advertise here for cheaper, but if you factor in shipping cost and hassle $125 might not be bad.

-Kirby
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
ADCO Firearms will charge you $75 per barrel (+ whatever it will cost you to ship the barrels to them). Their work is second to none and their turn around time rivals any local smith.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ADCO Firearms will charge you $75 per barrel (+ whatever it will cost you to ship the barrels to them). Their work is second to none and their turn around time rivals any local smith.
View Quote

I've actually used them before for an AR 9mm barrel and they were awesome. And I thought I remembered them being around that price too...however when I checked for pricing for the CZ barrels it appears I mis-remembered.

ADCO non-AR barrel threading $140

Seems like I could buy a whole new barrel for that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Both cut to 16" 17HMR shown.

www.jpgrips.com did both my combo bbls, probably done a dozen jobs for me. Always an excellent result. See site for prices.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've actually used them before for an AR 9mm barrel and they were awesome. And I thought I remembered them being around that price too...however when I checked for pricing for the CZ barrels it appears I mis-remembered.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I could be wrong and you may want to verify but the way I read it, 455's barrels should be covered under the $75 rate.... The $140 non-AR barrel threading is for barreled actions. You can remove the 455 barrels and ship just them the stipped barrel...

AR/Standard Barrel Threading = $75

This covers cutting/crowning as well as threading. This service is for any AR15/AR10 barrel once it has been removed from the receiver, or any STRAIGHT barrel.... This service also covers stripped barrels of other varieties.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Sent my CZ455 17HMR barrel to a fellow fourm member to be threaded.

$100.00

$50 for threading
$35 for smooth thread protector
$15 for return shipping.

Here for Barrel Threading
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I could be wrong and you may want to verify but the way I read it, 455's barrels should be covered under the $75 rate.... The $140 non-AR barrel threading is for barreled actions. You can remove the 455 barrels and ship just them the stipped barrel...
View Quote

You know I went back and looked at that and I believe you are correct. I'll shoot Steve an email to confirm.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR/Standard Barrel Threading = $75

This covers cutting/crowning as well as threading. This service is for any AR15/AR10 barrel once it has been removed from the receiver, or any STRAIGHT barrel.... This service also covers stripped barrels of other varieties.

Yup they threaded my 455 barrel for $75
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top