Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 11:10:38 AM EDT
Picked up a gently used FSVR yesterday.  Just curious as to what loads you all have found to be good performers in this rifle?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have only shot CCI mini-mags (36gr. HP) through mine but it really likes them.  The only groups I've shot with it were at 30yds. but they were one small ragged hole.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#2]
CCI quiet

And specter II
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Try different brands and types of ammo ( standard/high velocity) to figure out what your rifle likes best. My Mk II BTVLSS prefers CCI Mini Mags the best out of all the ammo I have tried so far.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Eley Club and CCI standard velocity and Blazer 40 grain lead is pretty good for cheaper ammo.   Aguila 40 grain Super Extra plated usually is as good or better than mini mags in my 22's.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eley Club and CCI standard velocity and Blazer 40 grain lead is pretty good for cheaper ammo.   Aguila 40 grain Super Extra plated usually is as good or better than mini mags in my 22's.
View Quote
I find bulk ammo to vary on how much you paid .. That being said i shoot CCI standard, I see you have a scope already but I have the Bsa sweet 22 which allows you to adjust on grain weight and range . Really awesome scope 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine likes Wolf Match Target better than all types of CCI. Wolf MT is produced by SK/Lapua.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I want one of them rifles so bad. They are like 350 locally. I've heard you can pick them up for as little as 225-250 new.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine likes Wolf Match Target better than all types of CCI. Wolf MT is produced by SK/Lapua.
View Quote

This is  what my likes best as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I want one of them rifles so bad. They are like 350 locally. I've heard you can pick them up for as little as 225-250 new.
View Quote
 I got this one used for $300, pretty solid deal with the scope and the mount.  Taking her our on Friday.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Gemtech Subsonic
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 I got this one used for $300, pretty solid deal with the scope and the mount.  Taking her our on Friday.
View Quote
Do it.  Its a sleeper deal. Just be warned the stock is lacking unless you get the TR? version with the boyds tacticool. I ended up adding it to my fvsr as well as the bottom metal. I appreciate the ruger 10/22 but I feel this fits my uses better
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#12]
CCI mini-mags is all I have tried. Groups were tight enough to be less than minute of squirrel head at 100 yards. There was no reason to waste other ammo seeing if it could shoot tighter groups.

I did notice scope parallax had a big impact on group size. At 100 yards, eye position was critical to get good groups for the 22 scope I was using.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I've moved away from my Savage .22's. But in mine. Most recently a MKII TR. I've always shot CCI standards, and SK Standard Plus have worked great.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
CCI SV is pretty good.

Mine really like Aguila.  The copper plated 40 grain RN are great, and the regular lubricated lead are even better.

I just got some Aguila Match and I can't wait to try that.  It likes FGMM and Norma Match a lot, too.

Sadly, since its a "SR" rifle, it does poorly with subsonic rounds.

Maybe as a result of the short barrel, the stellar accuracy at 25 and 50 is not quite as good as you would hope at 100.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm hoping mine likes CCI SV or the Agulia SV stuff, i have a bunch of the CCI and the Aguila isn't too expensive
It'll all be shot suppressed once my mask clears in about oh 2-3 months
I gave the rifle a 325 round break in of Auto Match and i was stacking rounds in about a 2 inch circle at about 25 yards with relative ease even after the barrel got hot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top