Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2017 3:45:31 AM EDT
1st .22lr rifle I've ever bought. Been thinking of picking one up for a long time but just ever got around to it. Friday did a "cowboy shoot" at a somewhat local indoor range and they only allowed .22's that night. Golf ball shooting. So if I go again, this time I want my own rifle and not rely on using someone elses rifle (shop let me use an old Rem Nylon 60 they had sitting around. Really nice guys there.). So went to another more local shop and picked up one. Stainless, Hogue overmold stock and threaded barrel. OTD $275. Last synthetic/stainless 10/22 I seen at Gander they wanted over $350 and it was just a plastic stock, no threaded barrel.

Its funny how easy these are to take apart. Now instead of doing an 80% AR, gonna do an 80% 10/22. Going to try for light as possible.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Look into Kidd aftermarket for it. coolgunguys I think is one website. Kidd also sells on their own site
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
www.coolguyguns.com is his web page. Take a look at the Ultra light barrel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Be prepared to spend some cash. The only stock part of my 10/22 is the receiver....  great gun to upgrade. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Shot it for the 1st time today. 3 stove pipes out of 150 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Kidd got all my money.
But I got an awsome rifle in return. To be honest it's probably my favorite rifle to shoot anymore. At least look into them for their triggers. I got their single stages. It's out of this world. I really want to try their two stage.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kidd got all my money.
But I got an awsome rifle in return. To be honest it's probably my favorite rifle to shoot anymore. At least look into them for their triggers. I got their single stages. It's out of this world. I really want to try their two stage.
View Quote

I just ordered my first 10/22, its a sporter in the French Walnut stock, no irons. I'll be getting the barrel threaded almost immediately but I've been eying the Kidd stuff tonight. Definitely doing a trigger but maybe a drop in unit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What ammo were you using?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 2 10/22s, and both wear an aftermarket extractor.  EDM cut extractors are a vast improvement over the stamped Ruger part and aren't expensive.  Both of my guns have run like a top since replacing them.  That and a bolt buffer are the two "required" upgrades to the 10/22.  Fortunately both are pretty inexpensive.

For that matter, my 22/45 LITE (same part) has an EDM extractor as well
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What ammo were you using?
View Quote

Federal target. 1280fps. Kinda used to new guns doing strange things while being 'broke in'. Fine now after around 500 rounds through it.

Gonna be ordering a 80% receiver soon (with jig and drills) and a Kidds bolt and charging handle. Then take the stock receiver and put the stock barrel, stock trigger pack and stock Hogue stock back together. Then I'll have my own full custom 10/22.

Looks like this now.Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top