Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 12:40:30 PM EDT
The sbx barrel would definitely be nice to keep the length down. My two main concerns are cleaning the crown and suppressor cap getting stuck. Or in my case I'm wanting to use a tri lug griffin QD mount.

Should I go with the SBX?
Or there fluted treaded?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my SBX's.  1MOA @100 yds.  They shoot as well as the 16" fluted.

Can't help with your mount.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
My SB-X is great.  Nice and handy, accurate too.  I've got a Sparrow on the end of mine.  No worries about getting end caps stuck with the Sparrow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the full size xring and with my suppressor its not bad
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one but sold it for fear of getting my Spectre II's endcap stuck.  Honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the accuracy either.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thx for the pic.
I'm going for the takedown x ring  also.
Looks like is 50/50 based to the comments.
I'd love to keep the overall rifle short as possible. Just not 100% sure on the sbx barrel.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my SBX. You absolutely won't regret it. I wasn't sure either and was on the fence for a long time. Finally bit the bullet and couldn't be happier! Do it!!!,
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several Tacsol barrels including three SBX set-up's (PWS Summit SBX, 10/22 TD SBX, Tacsol AR-22).

I shoot them with suppressors so the shorter OAL was the big attraction for me. I also have grown to really enjoy the lite-weight these barrels offer.

Accuracy wise all my setups shoot better MOA than I can in real world  field conditions. I'm not saying they are target grade match barrels maybe more of 1/2-1" at 75 yard type barrels with good ammo.

Suppressors getting stuck in SBX shroud has happened to me twice after tons of use. I've learned two things: First, alittle grease on suppressor threads stops the suppressor from seizing up like a dry threads will do. Second, I was able to free both mine in less than one minute by placing a small punch to the base of the suppressor mount through SBX shroud  vents and giving a very light tap at the losing angle. Yes this could mark/scratch you suppressor mount it didn't do anything on my Spectre II or Mask when i have it a light tap. Most of the time now I use the Gm-22 which can't get stuck by design (G-core) because it's crazy lite weight 2.5oz  a perfect match for the lite-weight SB-X barrel and is really quiet on a rifle setup with nice deep tone.

Overall, I really like and enjoy these SB-X barrels they give you a SBR + suppressor length setup in a lite-weight handy package? No  regrets buying all my SB-X's. I do have a Gemtech Mist integral suppressor pending which will replace the SB-X on my PWS summit rifle in the near future.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top