Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2016 2:06:50 AM EDT
I put a Hunter stock on my 10/22T and while it's great I'm starting to see the appeal of an extended charging handle.

For now, I'm leaning toward the KIDD. Any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used the Power Custom handle on a couple of 10/22s, and I like it so much it's the first thing I buy for a 10/22.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/634125/power-custom-competition-extended-bolt-handle-and-recoil-spring-assembly-ruger-10-22-stainless-steel
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used the charging handle from the 10/22 magnum on my regular 10/22s. I have to get a handle/spring guide and spring, then remove the handle and put it on a spring guide with a C clip rather than a crimp. A bit of work, but I like it. There are others available that are similar, but I don't remember the names at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used the Power Custom handle on a couple of 10/22s, and I like it so much it's the first thing I buy for a 10/22.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/634125/power-custom-competition-extended-bolt-handle-and-recoil-spring-assembly-ruger-10-22-stainless-steel
View Quote

Extra power spring?  I shoot a lot of CCI Standard and wonder if that would create a problem.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Kidds setup comes with 3 springs so you can tune it for the ammo your shooting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Extra power spring?  I shoot a lot of CCI Standard and wonder if that would create a problem.
View Quote

The spring isn't captured, so changing it to a lower-powered one wouldn't be any trouble at all.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like how that is captured.  I've got the KIDD, which is great to use, but a pain in the ass to put in after I clean it since the spring isn't captured.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for the Power Custom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top