Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 5:13:51 PM EDT
Newbie to the forum. I have an older mint 10/22 that's been sitting in the safe for years virtually untouched or shot. Thinking about giving it some love and building a host for a suppressed small game gun.

I want to keep this simple, so I'm thinking Hogue stock, .920 threaded barrel, and some trigger work.

What is the best bang for my buck threaded barrel? And drop in trigger vs "smith" enhanced trigger? I'd like to keep this under $300 total if possible.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]

for woods walking and hanging a suppressor off the end I'd go light weight on the barrel. It will cost much more than a steel threaded barrel but I think you'll be happier in the end.

Get this for the trigger up grade. Cheap and works very well. One?, do you have the older metal trigger housing? Not sure how much things would be improved if its the newer polymer trigger housing...

Lastly, get one of these.

This will put you over budget once you add in the Hogue stock....sorry

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Id probably do a Kidd Ultra light barrel, and their drop in trigger kit. As long as you have the plastic trigger housing it will be a great trigger. Kidd claims that the cast aluminum trigger housings don't have very tight tolerances from housing to housing so you can run it to an issue.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the KIDD. All of Tony KIDD's products are top notch. I would also do the $5 bolt buffer and spring for the guide rod/spring kit with charging handle. They will smooth out the action and make shooting that much more enjoyable.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id probably do a Kidd Ultra light barrel, and their drop in trigger kit. As long as you have the plastic trigger housing it will be a great trigger. Kidd claims that the cast aluminum trigger housings don't have very tight tolerances from housing to housing so you can run it to an issue.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
+1 on the KIDD. All of Tony KIDD's products are top notch. I would also do the $5 bolt buffer and spring for the guide rod/spring kit with charging handle. They will smooth out the action and make shooting that much more pleasurable.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
+1 on the KIDD. All of Tony KIDD's products are top notch. I would also do the $5 bolt buffer and spring for the guide rod/spring kit with charging handle. They will smooth out the action and make shooting that much more pleasurable.

Quoted:

Yep, go Kidd or go home.

And Tony is a stand up guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top