Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 4:03:19 PM EDT
I have convinced Diversified Innovative Products (http://www.diproductsinc.com) to machine their well-respected picatinny rail in a 96/22 configuration.  

I believe this is the first commercially available product on the market.  Sadly, the 96/22 does not share the same screw holes as the 10/22 (though it’s close enough for 1 or 2 screws).  I am mailing DIP a template.  The 96/22 rails will be the same cost as their offerings for the 10/22.  The machining will probably occur after anodizing, so pack a Sharpie.  

I would not expect them to offer these on their website, so if you want one you should probably contact them directly.  The phone number is 509-993-8112—ask for Bob.  

If you’re going to get one please post here so I can keep track of whether this catches on.  I am hoping to thank them  for making this one-off product by steering some business their way.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for your efforts to make this happen. I will definitely be ordering one. I assume this will be a 0 MOA rail? Any idea on when it will be available?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for your efforts to make this happen. I will definitely be ordering one. I assume this will be a 0 MOA rail? Any idea on when it will be available?
View Quote

I would expect 0 MOA, yes.  I do not know when available but I would not expect long based on my conversations with Bob.  He seemed ready to get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spoke with DIP today.  They are beginning the design work on these rails.  I still need to provide them with a dimension off my 96/22 receiver.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always liked the 96. Maybe I should buy a rail to have in case I buy one-which I probably should have done when they were $295.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a sample rail in today. Holes are drilled wrong. Will keep working with DIP to get it right. I sent them an OEM template to avoid this issue but whatever. At least they've been easy to work with. They also haven't charged a dime for the custom work. That is very cool.

One we get this ironed out their plan is to run 100 or so and put them in their website inventory.

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 2:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome company to make test run parts, send for testing and correction, AND not bill it as a custom job!
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I do not own a 96/22 but I have bought DIP products in the past for my Savage FV-SR (tacticool stock and bottom metal).

I will continue to use them for my rimfire needs
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got a sample rail in today. Holes are drilled wrong. Will keep working with DIP to get it right. I sent them an OEM template to avoid this issue but whatever. At least they've been easy to work with. They also haven't charged a dime for the custom work. That is very cool.
One we get this ironed out their plan is to run 100 or so and put them in their website inventory.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/s2168586/Mobile%20Uploads/06953CFB-C0DD-440C-AE1F-26773D9DBA22_zpshgbrddou.jpg
View Quote

Cool! Any updates on this project?

Also, are they machining these to match the contour of the 96/22 receiver? The slope is different side-to-side and front-to-back from a 10/22, IIRC. I modified a Tactical Solutions a few years ago by hand and it was a royal pain in the butt to get somewhat right. One without the little gaps at each end, between the receiver and rail, would look a lot better than what I cobbled together.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I need one!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cool! Any updates on this project?

Also, are they machining these to match the contour of the 96/22 receiver? The slope is different side-to-side and front-to-back from a 10/22, IIRC. I modified a Tactical Solutions a few years ago by hand and it was a royal pain in the butt to get somewhat right. One without the little gaps at each end, between the receiver and rail, would look a lot better than what I cobbled together.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/96-22%20Scope%20Base%20-%20Tactical%20Solutions_zpsdapsawmj.jpg
View Quote

Great picture. No, it will not have the proper slope. It has been hard enough to coordinate the hole-drilling via email and phone. Even the OEM 96 rail isn't sloped; it's just short enough that it stays on the flat face. My plan is to JB-Weld the gap while protecting the receiver with plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top