Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2016 8:10:03 PM EDT
For some reason, I was thinking that the 455 American came with a threaded barrel.  Am I mistaken? Looking to pick up a .17 HMR for my son for Christmas, and was hoping to get one already threaded.

Or am I thinking of Savage? Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Some do come threaded.  Be sure to inquire.

If buying used, it doesn't cost too much to thread one if you factor it in.  I have a CZ 452 Varmint from the era when most barrels weren't threaded.  I fixed that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
AFAIK, the 455 only has 2 models that come with threaded barrels.. The 455 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready and the 455 Varmint Tacticool Suppressor-Ready and neither are available in .17HMR but I wouldn't let that stop you. The 455's barrel removes easily and can be sent out to be cut and threaded fairly cheaply and may even work out better that way because depending on the suppressor you have, you can have the barrel threaded specifically for your suppressor for a perfect fit
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. Ended up ordering the 455 American. And like was mentioned, if he wants to thread it, or get a .22 barrel, he can. We've got a couple of CZ 452's, and they are just incredible shooters, so I think he'll be happy.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top