Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2016 11:41:05 AM EDT
Looking for suggestions for a CZ455 Tacticool that I will be giving to my daughter for Christmas.

I don't want to go cheap but not overly expensive either.  Been looking at some of the Vortex, Steiner, Leupold, and Athlon scopes.  Would like to keep the price down under $750.

I'm hoping not to buy a scope that is specifically made for just a .22, incase someday we decide to move it to a centerfire rifle.  Generally we will shoot 50 yards plus out to maybe 250 yards.

My requirements are 30mm tube, magnification up to maybe 20X, some sort of mil dot or similar crosshairs so we can do hold overs.  

Any suggestions and advice please?

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I decided to try an Athlon talos btr on my rar.  I like to plink steel at long ranges as well, and the ffp christmas tree reticle at this price point fits the bill.  I am happy with the glass for the cost.  The other option I considered was Primary arm's similar scope, but I didn't like the chevron in that reticle.  With the dip 20 moa rail and a 25 yard zero, I have 9 mils of hold over in the reticle and 15.3 mils of upward adjustment left after that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01APT0G0E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link Posted: 12/26/2016 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Vortex 4-16 with XLR reticle

There's also a 6-24 available.  They can be found on ebay and such for around $750.  The SWFA 3-15, and Sightron offerings would be worth considering too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big fan of the Mueller APT.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top