Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2016 11:23:08 PM EDT
I'm shooting a 16" barreled 10/22 suppressed.  Using an Outback II suppressor, Remington subsonic ammo, and factory clear 10 round magazines.  I think I've shot enough of this combo to gunk up a couple of my mags. The rotator randomly stops rotating on them.  I pop the mag out and shake them a bit and I can get a shot or two off before it malfunctions again. It's like it gets jammed up and won't spin.
Is there a cleaning procedure that I should be following?  Pull it apart?  Soak it in clp? Buy more mags?

How often are you guys that are shooting suppressed cleaning your mags?

Thank you, from a 10/22 newbie!  My CZ-452s and 455s don't have this problem.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Same issue here. Never successfully cleaned a ruger 10 rounder.

Txl
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Disassemble and clean. Several videos on YouTube showing how.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, clean the mags. It's pretty easy but the first time you wind the follower may provide a little frustration.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright.  Watched a couple of Youtube videos.  I'm pretty much an expert now.  I'll clean them up sometime this weekend.  
CHRIS
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I disassemble and brush them with a dry stiff brush.   Then I wipe the crud out with a towel.

8 rotations of the spring work for me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I cleaned my 5 ten rounders.  A few of them had obvious debris inside. Flaky stuff which I'm assuming is powder. The others were just hazy or sooty.  

I'm afraid to do a 25rd BX mag yet.  I'll work my way up to it.  

Ready to do some plinking now!

CHRIS
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cleaned my 5 ten rounders.  A few of them had obvious debris inside. Flaky stuff which I'm assuming is powder. The others were just hazy or sooty.  

CHRIS
View Quote

The BX-25 is easier than the BX-10! All you need is an allen wrench and it comes apart. Nothing to wind like the rotary mag :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CHRIS
View Quote

Curious to see how effective your cleaning job was.

My first can is in NFA jail, so I'm curious.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I've pulled all mine apart and cleaned em several times, shaved down a few deformed spots on the rotor that were rubbing a little, put em back together and they work fine for a while till they need cleaned again.

I use my ten rounders the most, and do almost all of my shooting suppressed and noticed they get gunked up surprisingly fast compared to pretty much never needing cleaned on an unsuppressed rifle.

The really waxy bullets make it worse when the wax builds up in the mags with all the extra gunk being blown back in there. I used to stick to the plated bullets since they didn't seem as waxy but nowadays I take what I can get.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Never had issues with the gen round mags,but I understand suppressing gets the gun dirtier ( no personal experience there). I do have plenty of experience which tells me use Remington ammo only as a last resort- the worst quality 22 ammo on the market!
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Shot 100 rounds of Rem subs today using two mags.  Both worked and are still working as of now.  I guess I'll give them a wipe down if they feel gritty when loading from now on.  

I've got like 8 boxes of the Rem subs to shoot up then I move on to Gemtech stuff.  

CHRIS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top