Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2016 2:23:24 PM EDT
I posted this over at RFC but received no suggestions, so I'll give it a go here:

I'm almost finished with my Savage FV-SR. The bolt is polished to perfection, the Apachee trigger is working like a well oiled machine and the Scorpion stock is in the process of being finished and pillar bedded.

The stock is great, fit is perfect. It has black plastic grips, butt pad and cheek piece. I adjusted it to fit me like a glove, but I can't leave well enough alone. I'm thinking of two options, both involving replicating the plastic parts. First would be to use black linen micarta or G10 for the grip and leave the other parts alone. Second would be to replace all plastic with copies in black walnut to match the forward part of the stock. None of this is necessary, but I like to tinker and this stock lends itself to that. Anyone messed around with one or have other suggestions? I thought about 3d printed grips but the cost would probably be too high and I'm not experienced in CAD design so uploading a file to a printing service would be too much of a gamble. Here's a pic so far:

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been wanting to add a forward night vision mount, similar to the Badger EFR.  I can't afford the night vision to attach to it . . . but I definitely dig the look.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a wood grip and cheek rest would be sexy.
View Quote

I think I'm going in that direction. The hardest part will be making an insert for the cheekrest so that the tension screws don't put too much tension on the wood itself and cause cracks. I can figure that out easily enough, though. The thing already shoots like a laser, I want it to shoot like a super laser and look unique doing it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top