Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2016 9:13:49 PM EDT
Buying a Primary Arms micro for my 10-22.  Recommend me a mount, pics would be great do you got em!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
CSB?  Not 1 suggestion??
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 10/22 TD. I found that I prefer to mount the optic directly to the rail on the receiver, At one point, I tried it with a riser, but this was far too tall to get a cheekweld and still use the dot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 10/22 TD. I found that I prefer to mount the optic directly to the rail on the receiver, At one point, I tried it with a riser, but this was far too tall to get a cheekweld and still use the dot.
View Quote

Cool thanks.  Did the supplied base allowed you to do that?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The TRS-25 can mount directly to the pic rail, the bottom of the optic has the mounting hardware built right into it. I'm not totally sure if the PA Micro is the same, hopefully it is. When it was on a riser, the dot was way too high.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thx guys
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy a pic rail from a Collectors edition 10/22,works perfect and its fairly cheap on ebay,etc

I have the one of these rails new with the peep if your interested pm me

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I used a cheap Weaver branded 10/22 rail for mine:

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the aimpoint 10/22 mount.  Nice and solid and looks nice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Our NDS-26 rear sight/rail might interest you. It will require a taller front sight which we also make.

http://www.nodakspud.com/images/NDS-26%20red%20dot.JPG

View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
</a>" />

Just use the front section of the factory mount. Cut it down with a hacksaw and clean up the edges with a file then hit it with some gun black marker.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://imgur.com/ZJDLlQ1.jpg
View Quote

What stock is that? I am trying to find something nice for my Charger SBR project.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What stock is that? I am trying to find something nice for my Charger SBR project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like AGP's folding stock
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I pimp this picture out a lot, so what's one more

Relevant to the topic, the mount will depend A LOT on what stock you use.

The low mount will work with an OEM-type angled stock.  It will probably be WAY too low with anything like the stock I have.

This is a pic from when I first built the gun.  This mount did not work.  It is far too low.  I got an absolute cowitness mount and it's perfect.  The lower 1/3 cowitness is too tall.

Unfortunately I don't have a current pic but you should get the idea.

So if you're planning on a buffer-tube-height stock, you'll probably want an absolute cowitness mount of some sort under your red dot.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a old 10/22 that is all stock config. I want to put a budget red dot for,teaching my 8 year old son to shoot. What are my budget options? Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The low mount will work with an OEM-type angled stock.  It will probably be WAY too low with anything like the stock I have.

This is a pic from when I first built the gun.  This mount did not work.  It is far too low.  I got an absolute cowitness mount and it's perfect.  The lower 1/3 cowitness is too tall.

So if you're planning on a buffer-tube-height stock, you'll probably want an absolute cowitness mount of some sort under your red dot.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Muzap/20151108_151620%202_zpsnyjxjl5c.jpg

View Quote
Thank you.  I have to know who makes that stock.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/targettime/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4103.jpg</a>" />

Just use the front section of the factory mount. Cut it down with a hacksaw and clean up the edges with a file then hit it with some gun black marker.
View Quote

Looks good, solid idea too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Muzap/20151108_151620%202_zpsnyjxjl5c.jpg

The stock is a MFT minimalist, the buffer tube is a standard mil-spec I had cerakoted with the chassis.

The chassis is one of these:

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a old 10/22 that is all stock config. I want to put a budget red dot for,teaching my 8 year old son to shoot. What are my budget options? Thanks for the help.
View Quote

The last TRS25 I bought was $54 at Walmart on closeout.  That or Primary Arms.  Either about $80 on sale.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I just use a short picatinny rail (one of those that generally comes with the gun)

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, with the 1" thick pad
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Buy a pic rail from a Collectors edition 10/22,works perfect and its fairly cheap on ebay,etc

I have the one of these rails new with the peep if your interested pm me

http://www.gutsngills.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/new-ruger-1022-rifle-fi.jpg

View Quote

Thanks for this, I picked up a set and installed them on my 10/22.  The peep sight and longer sight radius really helped my old eyes.

I'm really happy with this set up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's my PA red dot on an Amerixan Defense QD mount.  I wanted something I could remove easily but wouldn't lose zero when taking down the rifle.  Since the mount is QD the optic sits a little higher than a regular mount and thus when my cheek is welded to the stock the dot is a little low in the field of view, but it's perfectly acceptable.

-bob

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top