Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 1:42:31 PM EDT
My rifle has noticeable vertical play between the barrel and receiver, do you guys experience this with yours?  It does not effect practical accuracy with iron sights, but I figure it will cause me problems if I mount a scope on it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you adjust the nut on the receiver. I think it's called the barrel nut
Mine had play till I adjusted it like the manual says to.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you adjust the nut on the receiver. I think it's called the barrel nut
Mine had play till I adjusted it like the manual says to.
View Quote

Yes. It said to fit the barrel and turn counter clockwise finger tight if I recall, I did that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
With the barrel installed... tighten the adjustment knob by turning it counterclockwise as far as possible with finger pressure.

Remove the barrel and tighten the adjustment knob by rotating it counterclockwise one or two more clicks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With the barrel installed... tighten the adjustment knob by turning it counterclockwise as far as possible with finger pressure.

Remove the barrel and tighten the adjustment knob by rotating it counterclockwise one or two more clicks.
View Quote

came to post this, ive got zero play
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine was something like 5 clicks after I removed the barrel to get a solid lock up so just tighten it until you have no movement but can still attach the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Great idea, I need one for truck.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The gun had been assembled when I got it. It was tightened so tight that I could not tighten more with the barrel removed.

What I did was turn the band clockwise until it stopped. Put the barrel in it and turned it until it was finger tight, counter clockwise. I took the barrel off tightened the band two more clicks, and now it is tight as can be.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Did it get the play out?

I shot mine today as was thinking of this thread and checked for play. I have none.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did it get the play out?

I shot mine today as was thinking of this thread and checked for play. I have none.
View Quote

All play is gone. It is as solid as can.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Makes you wonder why they put those instructions in there, doesn't it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top