Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 1:40:40 PM EDT
I have seen mixed info regarding this ammo and the 10/22.  It is supposedly traveling at 1024fps which is very close to the Gem-Tech ammo but it is about $38/brick where I found it.  I am contemplating grabbing 5K rounds since CCI is unavailable but am concerned about reliability.

I have used the SV Aguila with good results but figured that at 1130fps I could run into issues with temperature changes and it not being subsonic anymore.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Though expensive, I've had good luck with the gem-tech .22lr subsonic.
In 2 bricks, I had one dud and about 10 random rounds that broke sonic.
Not really bad-broke sonic, just a little zing. Just bought 2 more bricks of that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
it functioned great in both my charger and my SBR (both suppressed)

problem i had was it seemed to go super in the SBR pretty frequently, yet stayed quiet in the charger.
so if you haven't used it before and want to stay sub, you might get a few boxes to try out first before stocking up on it
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The 40gr subs cycle in both my 1022's and a custom Charger.
The 38gr HP subs also run and are FAR more accurate across all my hosts, bolts and semis.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 40gr subs cycle in both my 1022's and a custom Charger.
The 38gr HP subs also run and are FAR more accurate across all my hosts, bolts and semis.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/Rifles/Rimfire/1392302205_zps60c138db.jpg
View Quote

Good to hear!  I could only find the 40's but have 5K showing up tomorrow so I may just try to hunt down some of the 38's next then.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Cycles fine for me. Thats about all it does besides dirty up your gun tho. I typically can stack round with my 10/22 and Kidd Barrel using CCI SV. The Agulia I was getting 1"-1.5" groups at 50yds with it. It's filthy stuff though and smells weird.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I am up to 250rds now all suppressed with my TD and just had a couple of FTF's (feed from mag issues so could be a mag issue too) with the Aguila subsonic that I just got yesterday.  None went supersonic in the 120rds I shot.

I have no complaints as suppressed fire with any 22LR is filthy but it was plenty accurate for my uses as I could routinely hit the Jack shaped rubber target at 25yds with a 3MOA dot RDS offhand dealing with 20-30mph winds.

I will bench test accuracy soon but the farm just isn't set up to do that and I was just messing around today.

I will probably grab another case shortly since CCI SV is impossible to get in bulk for a reasonanle price.

The smell is from the Eley priming compound from what I can find and isn't all that bad really.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I did note the same smell with Eley ammo I shot as well. I've shot probably 2,000 rounds of .22 ammo this summer. Most was CCI SV and some match ammo here and there I wanted to try. The Aguila was by far the dirtiest. CCI SV I can usually get by with only cleaning the action every 300-400 rounds but after 100 rounds of the agulia the action was caked up with the stuff. I wouldn't go and say the ammo is inacturate, but my gun didn't like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top