Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2016 2:39:03 AM EDT
SO I have about a 1k rounds of them and really like them....

currently running them in my 10/22s  in the backyard and cycling them by hand BUT I'd like something might cycle them.

I don't object to a lever gun but does anyone make a semi auto that will cycle them?  

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:45:39 AM EDT
[#1]
They're not intended to cycle - they're intended to be quiet.

You might be able to trim the recoil/action spring and get them to cycle a semi auto - use a spare spring to experiment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not been able to get these rounds to cycle in any semiautomatic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
get yerself a couple of recoil springs, cut a few links try a shot cut a few links try a shot

You can get them to cycle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
get yerself a couple of recoil springs, cut a few links try a shot cut a few links try a shot

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 22lr savage bolt action. With a suppressor and those cci quiets, it makes less noise than a BB gun. I'd save them and try to get a suppressor later on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone tried the Kidd guide rod with the lightweight spring?

http://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Guide-Rod-Spring-Kit_p_30.html

If the guide rod is really so smooth, it could potentially help with getting the quiets to cycle. And the light spring might be better than cutting a standard spring.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If the guide rod is really so smooth, it could potentially help with getting the quiets to cycle. And the light spring might be better than cutting a standard spring.

Cool...someplace to start...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I rented a well used SR22 from the range a while back. It would cycle the cci quiets, Remington subs, and the Winchester subs. The springs were wore out so that probably helped.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Sr22 has only been out a few years no way it could be worn out already and if a pstol can't hold up to just a few years of continuous use that I call a flawed design!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sr22 has only been out a few years no way it could be worn out already and if a pstol can't hold up to just a few years of continuous use that I call a flawed design!
View Quote

You don't think a range rental gun can have wore out springs?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have that guide rod/spring on my 10/22 but haven't used it with my CCI quiets yet..

I can tell you that wth the Kidd charging handle/spring and the volquartzen trigger mods, I can pull off about 5-6 shots a second.
damn rifle is amazing now..
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:30:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Look for a Remington 550. They have a floating chamber and were made to cycle with shorts longs and long rifles.  I shot one and it functioned with CCI CB caps. CCI's website specs CB Caps as a 29 grain bullet at 710fps and Quiets as 40 grains at 710fps.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#13]
VQ makes a kit that supposedly cycles them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Back when I was hanging around rimfire central the only guys getting CB longs to cycle well were running VERY skeletonized bolts with light springs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Sell the CCI .22LR Quiet ammo, and buy a Hennery .22LR lever action, fill it full of .22short ammo and be as if not more quiet, I don't recall how much they hold, but it's a lot of that .22short ammo, and can still cycle .22long and .22long rifle. Midway has .22shorts listed at 7cents /round at a quick glance a moment ago.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cycled in my Charger with Q'd bolt, polished receiver, and the kid light weight spring and charging handle. Miss that little gun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sell the CCI .22LR Quiet ammo, and buy a Hennery .22LR lever action, fill it full of .22short ammo and be as if not more quiet, I don't recall how much they hold, but it's a lot of that .22short ammo, and can still cycle .22long and .22long rifle. Midway has .22shorts listed at 7cents /round at a quick glance a moment ago.
View Quote

not bad...

OR I just shop for the Henry and .22 shorts
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

SO....

I picked up a spare hammer spring assembly and the KIDD guide rod spring kit....

clipped 1.5 coils off the hammer spring thinking maybe with a little less resistance the bolt would return better...well no luck

using the OEM guide rod sping, I clipped a coil at a time, and tested it, no joy.....about 5 coils later... still no joy

added in the KIDD guide rod and white spring (standard) stretched it about an inch longer and clipped it to the standard length, put it all back together (its kind of a bitch)

well it cycled the 5 rounds I had in the mag with no problem...then I had to go meet the school bus for a kidling

will give some more testing in a day or two....as well as testing with standard bulk and CCI ammo
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

SO....

I picked up a spare hammer spring assembly and the KIDD guide rod spring kit....

clipped 1.5 coils off the hammer spring thinking maybe with a little less resistance the bolt would return better...well no luck

using the OEM guide rod sping, I clipped a coil at a time, and tested it, no joy.....about 5 coils later... still no joy

added in the KIDD guide rod and white spring (standard) stretched it about an inch longer and clipped it to the standard length, put it all back together (its kind of a bitch)

well it cycled the 5 rounds I had in the mag with no problem...then I had to go meet the school bus for a kidling

will give some more testing in a day or two....as well as testing with standard bulk and CCI ammo
View Quote

Glad to hear it's working out. I've been thinking about doing the same thing on a 10/22 to be able to shoot quiets.

I've wanted to avoid cutting the springs, so I was thinking about trying:

Kidd guide rod with reduced weight spring
Getting the bolt radiused/chamfered - probably by Que rather than trying myself (http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251031 for an explanation if you haven't seen it)
Shooting through a silencer to add some back pressure.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Put a light disconnector and trigger spring and cut down the spring in my cenier conversion bolt. CCI quiet will cycle in my 24 AR now.

lakeside springs can be found at black dog machine.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Beretta jaguar.  Cycles like a sewing machine.

But that's a handgun. Haven't found a semi rifle that cycles them Though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#22]
http://www.remington.com/rifles/rimfire/model-552-speedmaster

This cycles 22 SUPER COLIBRÍ and any 22 short.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:13:46 AM EDT
[#23]
My Remington 550-1 cycles CCI quiets just fine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:51:22 AM EDT
[#24]
The Hk MP5 might. There's an adjustment in the rear.
Just remember to return it before firing anything else.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Is Que still doing bolt work?  I thought he stopped a while back...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#26]
You'd probably be able to get them to cycle in a Winchester 190/290 or a Remington 550-1. Certain vintage of both were made to cycle shorts, and I've had some that would cycle CCI CB shorts, so I'd imagine quiets would work fine.

If you buy either gun be sure it's MARKED for S, L, LR. Never figured out what's different, but Winchester 190s I have had that weren't marked for shorts would not cycle them reliably.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top