Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2015 6:27:03 PM EDT
I saw a BX-25 in a Ruger package at a pawn shop that was purple in color. Couldn't find anything on Ruger's website concerning other possible colors. Anyone seen anything other than black?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The one you saw is called Raspberry and from what I have found they were a special run last year.  I have not seen any other colors since then.

Grabagun blew them out for $9.99/ea and I bought 18 of them :-)
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice, I would have done likewise if I had  known about them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grabagun blew them out for $9.99/ea and I bought 18 of them :-)

Nice, I would have done likewise if I had  known about them.

I should have bought more but I wasn't thinking :-(  They actually look pretty good in person.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Well - not in BX-25's, but you can always take the clear ten shot factory mags and give them a shot of color...

These are Royal Blue - and I just did a set in Teal for my daughter to use at rimfire steel matches - easy to tell what mags are ours!

Bob S.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
How did you Blue those mags??
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How did you Blue those mags??
View Quote

I found a thread over on www.rimfirecentral.com

Here are the steps - you will need a package of RIT powder fabric dye - your choice of color...

Disassemble clear mags - you only want to put the clear parts in the dye.

Clean the parts with dish washing until squeaky clean.

Bring 1 - 1.5 qts of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp of Dye & 1 Tbsp of salt to the water.

Add clear mag parts & lower the heat to a simmer.

Keep parts in the solution for 10-12 minutes for full color penetration - or remove early if you like the color.

Let cool - rinse in cold water - dry and reassemble mags.  Be sure to both tension the spring the correct amount (8 flats on the nut) and tighten the bolt correctly (tight and then loosen 1/8 turn)

Here is the thread that got me started...  http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475214&page=6

Good luck,
Bob S.

p.s. either use a pot you don't care about or a stainless steel one!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if this counts but the shop I bought the Multicam Takedown from a year or two ago sold me one Multicam BX-25.  I don't think they sell them anymore though...

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Theres an online sporting good store, "cdnn". They have brownells hot lips mags for 5.99 right now. $10 flat rate shipping
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Theres an online sporting good store, "cdnn". They have brownells hot lips mags for 5.99 right now. $10 flat rate shipping
View Quote

Don't waste your money
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't waste your money
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't waste your money

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't waste your money

+1

What they said.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know if this counts but the shop I bought the Multicam Takedown from a year or two ago sold me one Multicam BX-25.  I don't think they sell them anymore though...

http://i.imgur.com/UcPLOua.jpg
View Quote

BTW.....They do still sell the multicam print BX25 mags....  My distributor has a bunch of them, but they run $6 more than the regular BX25 mags.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

BTW.....They do still sell the multicam print BX25 mags....  My distributor has a bunch of them, but they run $6 more than the regular BX25 mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What!?? I need more.  Can you IM me a link or number where I can order some?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an FFL, and can get them from one of my Distributors, so if you have a local FFL, especially a home based guy that buys from LIpsey's, they should be able to get them for you.

Jason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top