Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2015 8:53:39 PM EDT

I'm not looking for a tack driver particularly, but would like to be able to mount my suppressor.

The rifle is currently a Synthetic stock blued .720 barreled rifle with iron sights.  I'd prefer to keep iron sights on this rifle as I have another 10/22 with .720 barrel that has a scope on it.

Any recommendations on an inexpensive barrel?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That's going to be tough. The only 10/22 barrels that I know of that have both suppressor threads and iron sights are from tac sol and they aren't cheap or .720. I'll keep looking
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm not looking for a tack driver particularly, but would like to be able to mount my suppressor.

The rifle is currently a Synthetic stock blued .720 barreled rifle with iron sights.  I'd prefer to keep iron sights on this rifle as I have another 10/22 with .720 barrel that has a scope on it.

View Quote

Answer is HERE
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
None of the Tactical Innovations barrels have iron sights.  They all seem to be for use with a scope.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Fedderson offers bbls with Iron sights and threading, just call and ask.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Thread the one that's on the gun now.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I made the simple decision and ordered another rifle.

I went ahead and got a Ruger American Rimfire.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Great in theory but the only place I know of who can do that (and retain the front site) charges $150 for the service. Hard to swallow $150 of custom work for a $60-$80 barrel.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#8]
What's a .720 barrel?  I have a .920 bull barrel.

Local smith threaded it for 75 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The bull barrel's are .920" in diameter.  The sporter barrels are .720 in diameter at the base I think.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Great in theory but the only place I know of who can do that (and retain the front site) charges $150 for the service. Hard to swallow $150 of custom work for a $60-$80 barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not if that's exactly what you want.  Who does this work?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but the one above was done by a gunsmith friend that doesn't currently offer this service to the public. Maybe others will have a suggestion for you.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I made the simple decision and ordered another rifle.

I went ahead and got a Ruger American Rimfire.
View Quote

Where did you get it at? I have inquired on several occasions for one with no luck.

I really need to get off my ass and get a can.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Ordered it from Bud's gun shop and had it transferred at my local FFL.

They have a few different models.  I got the 8305 model.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is one place... JP Grips and Machine

And there is (was?) another place in Dayton Ohio who did the same work cheaper but their website is down and may be out of business?... Hanging Tree Armory
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And there is (was?) another place in Dayton Ohio who did the same work cheaper but their website is down and may be out of business?... Hanging Tree Armory
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JP has done TWO for me just like that one. Excellent in every way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top