Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2015 8:42:31 PM EDT
Looking for a scope/mount set for my compact Ruger American.  My kids are using it mainly shooting silhouettes @ 50 yards and just general plinking.  Trying to keep the set up at $250. or less... Thoughts ? For those that have the compact, what's your preference?  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Nikon prostaff 4x with a DNZ mount gets my vote.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I have had the fixed 4x32 on one of my 15-22's for several years and it is an all around great scope. Good eye relief, fast target acquisition, for a scope, clear glass, and if zeroed at 75 yards you can pretty much hit any target larger than 3" out to 100 yards with your standard high velocity bulk-pack ammo.

At around $100 they are a great value.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1

I have had the fixed 4x32 on one of my 15-22's for several years and it is an all around great scope. Good eye relief, fast target acquisition, for a scope, clear glass, and if zeroed at 75 yards you can pretty much hit any target larger than 3" out to 100 yards with your standard high velocity bulk-pack ammo.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

This is what I have on my RAR compact threaded and I love it.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+2

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/trbrst/62F8458C-F28B-4D9E-A778-FDED447653EE_zpsue6bwoa3.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/trbrst/62F8458C-F28B-4D9E-A778-FDED447653EE_zpsue6bwoa3.jpg

Nice, I really like the Nikon's, I bought the 2-7x32 P22 with the open style turrets on my .22lr bolt gun and absolutely love it as well. If I wasn't looking to shoot for groups out to 100 yards I would have placed the fixed 4x32 on this one as well.

Fixed 4x32 in a Burris PEPER mount:

2-7x32 in Warne low rings:

" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top